PDA

View Full Version : Clownfish Eggs

jpnts01
06/29/2012, 02:12 PM
Hello. I have an orange/white female clownfish and a black/white male clownfish that laid eggs. I noticed the eggs about 5 or 6 days ago. I have been reading about how to raise them. I know that this is a very difficult process but I am really just trying to get practice for when my 2 year old Picasso pair start to breed. I have the live rotifer tank set up and a fry tank set up for when they are born. The clowns laid the eggs on the glass so taking them out is not an option. I am hoping to catch them the night that they hatch, which I read is about an hour after the lights go out, but the problem is that I really don't know when that will be. I read that it can be anywhere between 6 and 15 days, but I don't know exactly when they laid their eggs to calculate. I'll attach a close up picture of a few of the eggs. If anybody has experience with this and can give me a good idea of when I can expect them to hatch, I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

BrianMac
06/29/2012, 04:21 PM
I'm not the best person to give advice since I haven't been able to raise any myself. But judging from your photo, I would say either tonight or tomorrow night

reefstew
06/29/2012, 05:58 PM
You probably have a day or 2. Ocellaris will get a little more silver in color on the night of the hatch but Mocha's which is what the fry will be, your close.

jpnts01
06/29/2012, 07:34 PM
Thank you!

mario1021
07/03/2012, 01:11 PM
i have some eggs too but only a few hatched is it normal for some to hatch a few days ahead of the others?