PDA

View Full Version : Aqueon Proflex Sump model 3

moe458
07/03/2012, 02:27 PM
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone has used this proflex model 3 sump and knows what to order to put everything together. I have a 90 gal tank with no overflow drilled. I will need a hob overflow. Not a DIY guy so didn't bother to go that route.

I was at Dr. Foster and ordering things..will this sum up everything i need for the sump for my 90 gallon tank? Anything else i need ?

CD-72519 ProFlex Sumps Model 3 Sump
CD-133436 Supreme Classic Mag Drive Pump 950 (MD9.5)
CD-25769 Directional U-Tube For 3/4" - 1" tubing
CD-32886 Eshopps Overflow Boxes PF-800

Secondly if you can suggest me a good skimmer to go with this model so i can put this all together. 2 best ones i am considering are bubble magus and octopus brands..but will await your suggestions :)

Underneath cabinet size has the following listing.
47Lx16.5Wx24H. I have a wooden bracket in between which is why i'm going for a model 3 and fits with this cabinet.

Any help from ya fellows would be a great help :)
Thanks in advance :)

spbk84
07/03/2012, 05:19 PM
I am currently using a swc 160 on my 92 gallon and it works great. I am currently using he aqueous proflex model 3. I have no complaints but expensive

moe458
07/03/2012, 09:38 PM
I am currently using a swc 160 on my 92 gallon and it works great. I am currently using he aqueous proflex model 3. I have no complaints but expensive

I know what you mean but either you do DIY and save money or you can spend and save time...i would rather save time and make money on my time then try to save :) I am currently running with swc hob skimmer it's doing the job ...i can't say the best job but it's doing it..lol

But do you think i got the stuff in line and it should be okay to order ?