PDA

View Full Version : can someone id these?

elinder
07/03/2012, 06:13 PM
First is on a rock that I have curing. It is around some die off that looks just like the new growth. Thanks for any help, I'm not wanting to have anything spread all over my tank.

Amphiprion
07/03/2012, 07:26 PM
The former looks like some Halimeda sprouting in the middle of some dead fronds, whereas the latter is very fuzzy. It may be Caulerpa prolifera, but it's hard to say without a better picture.

elinder
07/03/2012, 07:32 PM
Thats what I thought the first picture was.. So I'm reading that shouldn't be a problem? I'll check on the other.. I'm dreading it being something that will take over my whole tank before I even get it started.. Thanks for your help!

Amphiprion
07/03/2012, 07:35 PM
If that is actually what they are, they are controllable. Of course, many species can get out of hand if they are allowed to do so.

elinder
07/03/2012, 08:03 PM
i pulled what I saw out just in case.. It is in my sump, I'm going to buy some better stuff this weekend. Thanks for your help again!

dwfish
07/10/2012, 11:57 AM
the former looks like some halimeda sprouting in the middle of some dead fronds, whereas the latter is very fuzzy. It may be caulerpa prolifera, but it's hard to say without a better picture.

right on!