PDA

View Full Version : Seeking aquarium brand advice.

moab
07/06/2012, 08:09 PM
I have been researching aquarium brands and equipment for the past few weeks. I am mostly wanting to breed Ocellaris Clownfish in a nano reef tank. I have read the Clownfishes book by Joyce D. Wilkerson.

I have become aware of the JBJ 28 gallon Nano and Solana aquariums from reading this forum. I have been reading the Conscientious Marine Aquarist by Robert M. Fenner who likes to point out the advantages of acrylic aquariums, glass aquariums and recommends a 40 gallon or bigger tank for salt water aquariums. My only reservation about acrylic is the possibility of scratching it when cleaning the tank. I have never had an acrylic tank ever. If I had an acrylic tank I would want a top that was completely removable just like the glass aquariums I have always owned.

I want to consider all brands of aquariums and equipment. If it is a complete all in one system then I do not want one that most people end up heavily modifying to really make it work. I have read about the Red Sea Max 130D that is a good all in one system. What aquarium brands and equipment would you recommend I look at?