PDA

View Full Version : WNCE 2001 question

Reef1121
07/08/2012, 01:07 PM
Hi all,

Just recently re-setup my apex lite and wanted to connect it wirelessly so that I don't have a 15' CAT5 line stretched across my dorm room floor permanently. Anyways it seems like there's a good amount of posts about people using the WNCE 2001 as a means of doing this effectively and most importantly very simple and easy. Which is good for a non tech savvy person like myself.

Anyways to my question. Being a netgear product will it only work with a netgear router? Or will it be able to work with my Dlink DIR-655 router. Just curious, don't want to buy a product only for it not to work.

kurt_n
07/08/2012, 01:47 PM
It will work with any wireless signal, as long as it can "hear" the signal. Across a dorm room... no problem!

Reef1121
07/08/2012, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the help.

rps3
07/09/2012, 01:58 AM
I have the same router and am using the same wireless adaptor on my apex lite. works flawlessly, pretty easy to set up as well.

Reef1121
07/17/2012, 09:51 PM
It took me about 10 minutes total to set up. From un-box to on my apex. And I thought this was quick seeing that the network I set it up to was my personal (non-guest network) that's invisible to others. I set it up manually. The only thing that I would point out that is you need to put your hex code/password (whichever security you use) on key line 1 and not pass phrase otherwise it will keep coming back to you as unable to set up. Still working like a charm. Nice to be able to use the apex iPhone app when I'm within range of my router to check the stats of my tank, control the tank and feed modes, or program the outlets. Now just need to figure out setting up a website for the tank so I can access it from anywhere. Any tips to that would be great.

Reef1121
07/21/2012, 12:46 PM
New question on setting the apex to its own IP address.

If I understand the guide correctly all I have to do is log in to the apex via web browser. Go to configuration, network setup. Then turn off the DHCP, set the IP address to one thats out of the range of the DHCP of my DLink router. (192.168.X.XX) And then give it its own port number. Leaving the Netmask, Gateway, and Primary DNS server alone. Then going into my routers advanced port forwarding settings and just copying them in place and it's done.

Is that for the most part correct?

Then has anyone set up a website for the apex before and how easy was it? The guide was a bit confusing as to how to do it.

Landsailor
07/27/2012, 04:53 PM
www.Reeftronics.net is your best bet.

NaturalReef
07/27/2012, 10:01 PM
Reef1121,

I just set up my new Apex jr and once you set up port forwarding on your router and enter the ip address and port number in the apex iPhone app, you will be able to check your tank from anywhere you have a cell signal. Took me about 30 min to set up with my airport extreme. I have to give props to Neptune for setting the bar on this controller. It is flippin awesome to be able to check and control your tank away from home. also props to all the guys on here helping us newbies out....really appreciate it guys!

Nick