PDA

View Full Version : New Eibli troubles

ohiomatt
07/08/2012, 09:27 PM
Hey everybody first time poster here, long time reader. Just put in a new Eibli into my 72 FOWLR tank. It's now been in 4 days and still won't eat pellets/mysis/or flakes. It is however consistently grazing and pecking on the live rock. I noticed today some long, string white poop coming from it. Also noticed some shaking behavior. Appearance wise it's great, beautiful color. Wrasses and clowns in the tank fine and eating perfectly. Any ideas? Thanks!

Dr Colliebreath
07/09/2012, 09:37 AM
What else is in the tank with it?

The symptoms sound like flukes, which are easily treated with PraziPro even in your DT (although you will lose various worms).

ohiomatt
07/09/2012, 12:30 PM
Melanurus wrasse, Solorensis wrasse, 2 percula clowns, 25 hermits, 2 emerald crabs, and 4 green mushrooms. Checked angel again today and she is still showing great color, no white bumps, fuzz anything...still just grazing and swimming. No scratching that i've seen. thanks for your response!

ohiomatt
07/09/2012, 05:11 PM
as of this evening the angel is still very active, but has decimated any and all stony corals on my live rock. any ideas?

ohiomatt
07/09/2012, 07:22 PM
angel took both flakes and pellets into mouth tonite, but spit both out and showed no interest after.

ghostbear29
07/10/2012, 11:42 AM
selcon soak nori and anything with garlic added will help. give it time. sounds like your angel is not wasting away. does it leave the softies alone? Also, lets see some pics. I love elibi angels

ohiomatt
07/10/2012, 08:16 PM
selcon soak nori and anything with garlic added will help. give it time. sounds like your angel is not wasting away. does it leave the softies alone? Also, lets see some pics. I love elibi angels

thank you so much for the advice and taking the time to respond. eibli's are my favorite and always have been, and when I saw this one I didn't hesitate. they don't get enough credit compared to other cyntropyge. I will post pics as soon as I can get a decent camera, but for now here's the best I could get w/ my cell. All she does to the mushrooms is knock them off the rock down to the sand haha, annoying for me and the shrooms. So now they're in pretty deep holes, but I have no doubt she'll do it again lol. Again, thanks for the help!
https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/555650_667956393231_239911494_n.jpg

does her no justice