PDA

View Full Version : Plate coral ( heliofungia )

miamifan112
07/09/2012, 09:50 AM
This plate is about 5 inches wide it is very nice, other than a section about 2 inches wide . Its green tissue has gone away showing nothing but skeleton in that area . I read that these coral are only about 70% photosynthetic so there regeneration relies heavily on there nutrition. It eats well though. Any ideas on how long this may take ? I cannot post pics but i will answer questions quickly . Thanks for reading this and i appreciate any input

cloak
07/09/2012, 12:19 PM
I don't think anybody can give you a definitive answer on this one. There's just too many variables involved. (lighting, flow, parameters, nutrition, infection, etc.) Just be patient. GL.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2003/4/inverts

miamifan112
07/12/2012, 10:44 AM
This plate now is not eating and its tentacles are no where near as active and it seems to be releasing some kind of slimy strings

miamifan112
07/12/2012, 10:48 AM
i have it under 325w of T5 Ho and water chemistry is near perfect , it is in moderate flow and directly on the sand bed of course . I was thinking maybe it is stressing over not enough surrounding room because it only has about 3inches on sides from the glass and the rock. My tank is a 75g with 20g sump . I am wandering if i should leave it in the tank or pull it out

KRAZE
07/12/2012, 01:43 PM
cut the top off a large water bottle and place it over the coral on the sand bed to reduce flow (if you cant move it to a spot with lower flow) and then try feeding again. Without pics no one can really say if its dying or just an injury that it will recover from.

miamifan112
07/12/2012, 02:55 PM
ill try that , thats a good idea ... i wish i could post pics . im going to try to use photobucket as soon as i get time . Thanks

RandysReef
07/12/2012, 07:28 PM
i think its a disease like what lobos get