PDA

View Full Version : Density Probe

Boa1277
07/10/2012, 10:48 AM
I just purchased a new saltwater density probe can you tell me how accurate these are when they are brand new. My refractor states 1.025 and the probe is reading 1.0233. I have ordered the calibration solution but it is currently back ordered.

RobbyG
07/10/2012, 06:01 PM
This probe is the best probe of any probe I have ever used in 30 years of working around saltwater tanks. After a rather bad first probe Aquatronica went all out to make a better probe and they exceeded every expectation.

Once Calibrated I have found the probe only needs calibration once every 6 months (That’s Just my Opinion). I do wash it with Ro water about once every 2 months to get rid of any slime that may develop (My probes are in a low flow pitch black housing).

The Accuracy is spot on when compared with my Refractometer, even after 9 months without calibration! I am really not sure if it ever needs more than the first calibration but I do it every 6 months just to get that 4th digit on the money.

Life expectancy of the probe seems to be about 2.5 years, that’s when my first one just died. When it's dead you will know because it can't be calibrated.

If all my probes worked like the salinity probe I would be one happy camper.

Boa1277
07/10/2012, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the response I figured I just need to calibrate it and it will be spot on.

TRIGER
07/17/2012, 07:58 AM
hi im intrested in one of theses

AQT
07/17/2012, 08:44 AM
TRIGER, this salinity probe is available in UK without anyproblem :-)