PDA

View Full Version : Moving tank

laxb0rder
07/11/2012, 09:16 AM
I'm planning on moving my tank to school, I have a 29 gallon that will be set up for about 3 months when I move it. I'm planning on putting my live rock in one or 2 buckets completely covered in tank water. And fish (2 clowns a yellow clown goby and a cleaner shrimp) in another bucket and all my Frags in some Tupperware or another bucket with a multi layer egg crate rack to keep them from moving or rolling around too mch. I'm also either going to get a power converter to use with an air stone or a battery air stone to put in with the fish and possibly frags. My snails will go where ever they go im not worried about them as its only like a 2 hour ride. *I'm going to tr to keep as little water on my sand as possible so it doesn't get stirred up. The final part of this move is when I get back to school, I'm going to put livestock and corals in my DIY 10g AIO tank im building now and will treat it as a QT not letting it cycle at all by Doig multiple water changes untill my main tank is ready, I'll set the 29 back up and put live rock in and watch it for a few days. After the move the 10g I'm making Now for the move will act as a nano tank or frag tank I've been talking to others from my local reef club and this seems like the way to go so far. Any help would be awesome thanks.*