PDA

View Full Version : setup

saltedod75
07/11/2012, 02:45 PM
hello, am i missing something in the directions. i purchased the pro system and i have installed every thing as to the S1&S2 mode sheet description. i want to run in in S1 mode. i have sump level and bin level lights blinking. i have two extra float switches that i have not used. my ? is are the two extra float switches used somewhere in the system or am i doing it all wrong? thanks for any help

GenesisReefSys
07/11/2012, 03:17 PM
Hi Saltedod75,

I suspect the issue to be one of the three following things:

1. Are the "Sump" sensor and the "Top Off Bin" sensor currently in or under water, or are they hanging in air? If they are hanging in air, that will be the problem. The Sump sensor should be mounted right at the normal water level in your sump, and the Top Off Bin sensor should be submerged at all times.
2. Are the Sump and Top Off Bin Sensors plugged in backwards, with the Top Off Bin sensor plugged into the black wires and the Sump sensor plugged into the red/blk wires on the Y-adapter?
3. Did the STORM™ attempt to top off and the top off bin level dropped below the Top Off Bin sensor? If this is the case, the STORM should resume as soon as the water in the top off bin is replenished.

Finally, there is one other thing that is useful to know to help effectively. Has the system been running normally until now, or have you just set it up? It may be that the Auxiliary Mode is not set to ROCv™ mode, and therefore your top off bin is not being refilled when it gets low. Therefore, that would cause issue #3 above.

The extra sensors are optional failsafe sensors, and they should not affect this.

GenesisReefSys
07/11/2012, 03:25 PM
Also, please check to make sure that the sensors are plugged into the y-adapters as shown in the diagram below, and that the y-adapters are plugged into the appropriate connectors and aren't reversed.

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab51/GenesisReefSys/STORM/STORM-S1-S2-Setup.jpg

Please let me know what you find.

Kevin

saltedod75
07/11/2012, 04:27 PM
hello kevin.i just finished my install yesterday. both saltmix bin and topoff bin are full of water. i have went over all my connections and they are hooked up right according to the diagram.still same issue. it is set to rocv mode and its set to pro advanced mode.in the manual it states that basic mode does not monitor level sensor input. if i but it in basic mode the lights dont blink. if i run it in basic mode will it still top off my sump and refill freshwater bin?

GenesisReefSys
07/11/2012, 04:54 PM
Hi Saltedod75,

I'm a bit confused. I thought your STORM™ was not functioning as expected, since you mentioned S1 & S2 modes. However, I now think you're actually talking about the RENEW™ since you mentioned running in Basic vs. Advanced modes, and that makes more since to me.

In Basic Mode the RENEW™ will not monitor the RENEW™ Sump and Mixing Bin Sensors, and since your RENEW™ functions properly when in Basic mode and since you have two sensors that are left over, it's my suspicion that those two left over sensors are the RENEW™ Sump and Mixing Bin sensors. They will be needed to run the RENEW™ in Advanced, Pro Standard, or Pro Abbreviated Modes. They should be mounted as indicated in the following image (your STORM™ sensors will still be mounted as indicated in the S1 & S2 diagram):

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab51/GenesisReefSys/RENEW/RENEW-System-Layout-with-STORM.jpg

By the way, this diagram was just recently added to the RENEW™ Installation & Use Manual, so your system may not have had it included if it was purchased some time ago. In fact, both the RENEW™ and STORM™ manuals may be newer than those included with your units, so you may want to check them out. They're available for download at www.GenesisReefSystems.com/Manuals.php .

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kevin

saltedod75
07/11/2012, 05:02 PM
kevin,it was my mistake in the confusion.i see now that the other two sensors are needed. thank you so much for your help. this is a great system.