PDA

View Full Version : Acan help

Biocubehqi
07/11/2012, 07:42 PM
I have a new acan that has three heads on it. It's only about a inch in length and half in width. I was wondering if I should remove it from the plug. I don't like plugs in my system they look gaudy. But I want to do what's best for it. Should I wait or cut it off?

KRAZE
07/11/2012, 08:17 PM
:spin1:You should stary him off on the sand bed, so the plug can be hidden with sand. Once acclimated and comfortable with your tank, them you can worry about removing the plig and getting him into a nice spot in your rock work. Just what I would do :spin1:

Biocubehqi
07/12/2012, 05:27 AM
I got the plug buried. My tank is pretty chill. Got some corals killin it in there. Just this is my first one with a plug, haha... Kinda think ima keep this one in the sand bed. Just want that plug out. Thank you for the suggestions.

RandysReef
07/12/2012, 07:34 PM
once it grows you wont even think there was ever a plug there

KRAZE
07/12/2012, 10:16 PM
I got the plug buried. My tank is pretty chill. Got some corals killin it in there. Just this is my first one with a plug, haha... Kinda think ima keep this one in the sand bed. Just want that plug out. Thank you for the suggestions.

Yeah I would suggest leaving him on the sand bed anyway, my acans all stay on my sand now except one, which is 2" up on a rock ledge lol Removing the plug won't harm him any, but its also not even gonna be visable. Which way do the three mouth face? Do they all aim up? Or is the piece 'dome' shaped? Just because while they are all opened up, my acans that touch the sand tend to not open fully unless they are up a few mm off the sand bed.

PS... I have no idea where those rolling smile faces came from in my first post! Weird

Biocubehqi
07/13/2012, 05:18 AM
My three faces are horizontal not looking like it wants to round off at all. I've had it for 5 day's and already growth for two more heads. Pretty stoked, thank you for the help. My substrate isnt very deep. Everything keeps knocking the plug around..