PDA

View Full Version : Anthias compatibility?

Philip S.
07/13/2012, 11:03 AM
Hey everybody :wavehand: As you can see in my signature, I currently have a female lyretail anthias in my 75G reef, and so far she has been a model citizen when kept well fed. However, I also really like the look and track record of the barletts anthias. I would most likely be ordering 2 of them to help spread out any potential aggression from the female lyretail. I have been told that barletts and lyretails are normally compatible ( especially when female ). But, I still wanted to get everyones opinion on this plan. Thanks! :)

P.S. please dont post things stating how overstocked my tank is, because all of my fish are small and get along perfectly in my system. PLUS I will in fact be upgrading to a 150 within a year, so please dont waste your time posting those sort of things. Thanks!:fish2:

WHOOPS! please ignore the signature below, I let my brother use my computer and he made an account discussing his 90G. My current stocklist of my 75G is ........1x tomini tang, 1x lyretail anthias, 1x PJ cardinal, 1x yellow banded possum wrasse, 1x melanaris wrasse, 1x red head solon wrasse, 2x black O. clowns

revaltion131
07/13/2012, 01:10 PM
I don't know about the compatibility and it's actually the first I'm hearing about it, so possible educated responses will be interesting to see. However, if you're upgrading in however long, why not wait until then to get the Bartlett's so that you can add them all at once to the same system. To me, that seems like a higher chance of success since no one should have an established territory yet.

xxtriggermanxx
07/13/2012, 07:58 PM
What exactly is the "track record " of bartlett's :twitch: