PDA

View Full Version : percs preferance

slipbob59
07/13/2012, 12:04 PM
I am goint to start a 90 gal tank. After it is cycled and ready, I want to add a couple of perculas. I have a current led stirip light kit coming. It has i blue/white combo and 1 deep water blue atinic strip. If the combo strip is bright enough i add another atinic strip. (if not, anothe combo or cool white). anyway I don't want anemonies in the tank but saw that perc do like some corals to hang out in. What type corals would they like to call home? I will add a led spotlight on that coral, if i need to go brighter still. thank for any help you can give me!

bkhunt
07/13/2012, 12:22 PM
Mine hang out in my purple tip elegance as well as their anemones.

wiz careefa
07/13/2012, 02:05 PM
they host pretty much anything. frogspawn, duncans, gsp, mushrooms, cloves etc etc

phender
07/13/2012, 05:20 PM
Fuzzy green mushrooms make a nice anemone substitute. A group of them look like a carpet anemone and the clowns aren't likely to damage them like they can a LPS.

slipbob59
07/13/2012, 07:37 PM
thank you everyone for your answer to my question on what corals do percs like, it look like i will be getting the green mushroom,and look @ that purple elegance as well.

BlueFyre
07/13/2012, 09:24 PM
My percs ignore the bubble tip and bounce back and forth between the candy cane and the frogspawn.