PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

Envieddesigns
07/13/2012, 08:53 PM
Came home to find OC clown a little pale in the face swimming around back an forth fast (unusual) for him. Looking at his gills you can tell its dark red beneath. No ammonia but Nitrates at 25ppm on salifert kit. I did a 10g water change an changed my carbons. Retested an still at 25ppm. Waters 80degrees an salinity 1.024. What can I do? My two FireFish seem to be normal as well as cleaner shrimp an sand sifting star just came out the sand after my water change. I ran out of ro/di an pre made salt. do I do more of a water change but I'll have to use tap water de chlorinate it an mix the salt. Any suggestions ?

ItzJustinN
07/13/2012, 09:10 PM
dunno what u should do really, but you might want to get seachem prime for emergency situation like this. it can detoxify ammonia & nitrates for 48 hours. it wont remove them but atleast it wont harm your fish/corals/inverts.

jamesbaur13
07/13/2012, 10:39 PM
First question.. how long have you had this fish for?

If under 4 months this could very well be Brookynella from your description.

if that is the case, GET THAT FISH OUT ASAP AND INTO ANOTHER TANK!!

watch other fish closely and progress with treatment.

you need to act quick if it's brook, this will wipe out a tank quick.

Envieddesigns
07/14/2012, 04:51 AM
Had him 2 months. Funny the first clown died of something that looked similar to that brookynella I googled it didn't even kno that existed, had the white film on him but that was more than a month ago & I thought it was a damsel picking at it. I just read your post this morning so I didn't remove him last night. The clown looks better his colors back an he never got any white film on him or spots at all.

ginger7286
07/14/2012, 08:00 AM
Personally I would still move her to a hospital tank for a couple of weeks and keep her under observation. Get a bottle of Parazipro it teats almost everything and although expensive it is worth it. Flukes attack the gills and you rarely see them until infestation occurs. Always better safe than sorry.

MrTuskfish
07/14/2012, 09:34 AM
Nitrates at 25ppm aren't going to bother any fish at all; its on the low side for FOWLR tanks.