PDA

View Full Version : Just got pistol and goby pair and had a question

chwimmers215
07/14/2012, 07:41 PM
I Just got pistol and goby pair. They've started to dig a tunnel where i cant see them and i would really like too see them. So i was wondering if there was a way to get them to a new spot?

Fphipps
07/14/2012, 08:18 PM
they should move around. when i first got my pair, they went to the middle of the back of my tank -___- but within a few days they figured out where the food would float and moved to the front corner. I gave them to my friend when my reef crashed and they dont stay in one place in his tank, in fact they have a few little holes

gone fishin
07/14/2012, 08:23 PM
mine must have a maze under all the rock. they pop up all over. I think it part of the fun trying to find them.

DipG
07/14/2012, 08:40 PM
^^^^ +1... mine have 3 different entrance and they keep digging new tunnels.

chwimmers215
07/15/2012, 07:22 PM
Has anybodys ever gotten buried alive? Because mine were fine the fist day and then today they haven't been out at all???

DipG
07/15/2012, 07:56 PM
i have had mine disappear for day or two but they always come out when they are hungry.

chwimmers215
07/16/2012, 06:16 AM
Yeah, I fed them last night and the goby finally came out for some food. I think there just getting used to the tank. There a cool pair.

NewbyReefer
07/16/2012, 10:27 AM
The only reason I know my pair is still around is I hear the shrimp and the ywg made a guest apperance the other day after being mia for a month or so.

KatieandWill
07/22/2012, 08:02 PM
I used to have a pair and they just made many different tunnels. Some entrances you could see, others you just couldn't. I think it is hit it miss with that. However, if you are able to look up at the glass bottom from underneath your tank you can see all if their tunnels. I personally thought that was awesome!

Fish Biscuit
07/23/2012, 02:09 PM
Mine like to move around the tank too, there are about 4 different entrances to the tunnels right now & 2 are currently in use. Mine hid the first 2 weeks I got them & then I used to see my pair all the time for breakfast. The goby ended up w/ a swim bladder issue & he came out of it ok but then decided to go back underground w/ the shrimp & I haven't seen him in about 3 weeks.