PDA

View Full Version : Tangs....dreaded tangs.....

atubin
07/18/2012, 08:20 PM
OK....I am asking this question because I feel I cannot find a real answer to a very specific scenario.....

I have a 72 gallon bow front with 2 2" long clowns and 1 4" long yellow tang. I know, 72 is probably the minimum (some say too small) size for a tang of any sort, but my kids are seriously freaking out for a blue tang (Dory....).

The real question lies in can I order a tiny size (1/2") blue tang from liveaquaria.com and keep it in the same tank with the yellow for a while until I either setup a larger tank or a second tank? By a while I am talking 3-4 years.

All replies are welcome, thanks!

Fish_King_25
07/18/2012, 08:31 PM
No. A 72 gal bowfront is nowhere close to enough swimming room for a Hippo Tang. IMO, the footprint is too small for a yellow also. Tangs are humongous swimmers, and need a lot more room than you can provide. Most of the time saying .."until i upgrade" usually doesn't result in such a thing, and the fish suffer. I would upgrade to the biggest setup affordable, tank your time, and stock it accordingly.
Sent from Tapatalk for Android

EnV
07/18/2012, 08:34 PM
From what I hear the yellows can be pretty aggressive, I also assume the blue hippo would be way smaller, which also is not good. I would say no.

rovster
07/19/2012, 03:49 AM
I'd be more concerned about the yellow in there. At the end of the day, you do what you want, but long term it's definitely not a good idea. I learned that the hard way.....

sponger0
07/19/2012, 06:33 AM
Buy the fish that can fit your current tank....not the one you plan on upgrading to. Alot of people say Im gonna upgrade...and never do

ken55
07/19/2012, 07:12 AM
It may work for a while but in the long run it will not end well.

Your kids may be disappointed that 'Dorey' can't come to your house but imagine how much more disappointed they will be if 'Dorey' gets torn to shreads.

I have small kids and a small tank. I understand what your going through. It's best if you stick with 'Nemo' and let it go at that.

trinidiver
07/19/2012, 07:48 AM
Replace the yellow all together with the a small (1/2" dory)

sponger0
07/19/2012, 07:54 AM

Why would you say that? They cant house a full size tang. If you cant house it at full size, dont waste your time.

albano
07/19/2012, 08:06 AM
+1...odds are that the hippo will be added, REGARDLESS of all advise to the contrary...best to remove the yellow!

Balletomane
07/19/2012, 08:07 AM
My wife presses me a lot for a Yellow Tang for my 65 gal. But my scuba experiences with seeing Tangs on reefs totally reinforces the gazillion messages on these boards about the swimming space these fish require. I'd love to bring one into my reef tank but will resist the impulse. I've got to believe your kids can fall in love with all manner of fish more appropriately suited to the microcosm you can provide.

sponger0
07/19/2012, 08:14 AM
+1...odds are that the hippo will be added, REGARDLESS of all advise to the contrary...best to remove the yellow!

Best to have neither. Thats what would be best.

Entropy
07/19/2012, 08:36 AM
What happens when they start pestering you for Bruce? :p

I wouldn't keep either in a 72g, but assuming you are going to (well actually are with the yellow) I would trade the yellow for a small hippo. I honestly think the hippo will do better than the yellow in that size tank as a juvenile. It should outgrow your tank pretty quick though, certainly before your 3-4 year plan and in nature will grow so big it wouldn't be able to turn around in your tank when full grown. In a tank that small its growth will likely be stunted fairly quickly and its health will suffer.

There are definately other members of the Nemo crew you can add to keep your kids happy that will work fine. How about a cleaner shrimp to start? Bi color dottyback? Pink asternia starfish?

MrTuskfish
07/19/2012, 09:00 AM
No Dory. You don't want Mickey & Minnie Mouse in the house ,either. I remember going through the Nemo thing with my youngest daughter. People were floodinf every LFS wanting to keep Nemo in a goldfish bowl. Now my "little girl' is 14 (born when I was 50---surprise!) loves to give our lionfish, and other big predators, clownfish that are culled by a breeder/friend. Now that's real nature!

Subw00er
07/19/2012, 09:44 AM
I dont see a problem with buying a small example of a baby tang and putting it in his tank. Its going to take a year before its too big and I dont see a problem with swapping it out again later for another small one.

sponger0
07/19/2012, 09:49 AM
I dont see a problem with buying a small example of a baby tang and putting it in his tank. Its going to take a year before its too big and I dont see a problem with swapping it out again later for another small one.

Im sure you would have loved to been moved from home to home your whole life too

MrTuskfish
07/19/2012, 09:51 AM

IME, the swapping seldom happens. people don't like to part with fish they've raised. Most tangs are extremely happy and will stay alive in a tank that is way too small, but never thrive. The difference is obvious when you see them. I think the hobbyists usually has good intentions, but then the fish is alive and eating-----why not keep it?

sponger0
07/19/2012, 10:05 AM
IME, the swapping seldom happens. people don't like to part with fish they've raised. Most tangs are extremely happy and will stay alive in a tank that is way too small, but never thrive. The difference is obvious when you see them. I think the hobbyists usually has good intentions, but then the fish is alive and eating-----why not keep it?

So youre saying it's ok to put a black tip shark in a 20 gallon, right? :deadhorse1:

albano
07/19/2012, 11:06 AM
So youre saying it's ok to put a black tip shark in a 20 gallon, right? :deadhorse1:
yeah, that's what he's saying!!! Sorry, but you're the one:deadhorse: !

We all know and understand, what you're saying...we also realize that people will continue to put whatever they want into their tank! You can look thru any tank threads, including nanos, and find plenty of tangs!
Unfortunately, the reality is, that anyone who has kept a damsel alive for a week or 2, is 100% sure that they can now try a Moorish Idol, and if the LFS will sell it, they'll buy it!
With that in mind, I say remove the Yellow and put in a very small Hippo, and enjoy it for the next year or 2...but yes, no tangs or sharks would be best!

MrTuskfish
07/19/2012, 11:33 AM

No. I'm just saying what I think many folks say when its time to move a fish that's outgrown the tank. IMO & IME, It seldom happens; a good reason not to encourage keeping a fish that will just outgrow its tank.

sponger0
07/19/2012, 12:08 PM
No. I'm just saying what I think many folks say when its time to move a fish that's outgrown the tank. IMO & IME, It seldom happens; a good reason not to encourage keeping a fish that will just outgrow its tank.

That was sarcasm..lol. But I got your point which is why I encourage the policy of "If your tank cant house it as an adult, you should consider other fish."

And when it does get older, starts getting agressive or causing havoc in the tank, next thing you know, they post a thread on here asking why the fish is doing so.

Entropy
07/19/2012, 01:16 PM
"If your tank cant house it as an adult, you should consider other fish."

That is probably the hardest part of this hobby. Honestly there are not to many fish that can be housed in a 72g. I know there are recommendations, but if you go look were that fish came from in nature I guarantee for the most part none of them were confined to an area 72g in size. Maybe some of the gobies? You can take the advice from as many sources as you can find, but in the end you have to decide for yourself if you are doing the right thing.

MrTuskfish
07/19/2012, 01:18 PM
As sarcastic as I am, sometimes I miss other people's.

sponger0
07/19/2012, 01:21 PM
Honestly there are not to many fish that can be housed in a 72g.

I disagree. There are lots to chose from....the problem is its not a tang or trigger or large angel or whatever. But there are still lots to chose from.

For me honestly, I would much rather have a wrasse than a tank. Very active and tons to chose from, whether they are reef safe or not.

ramdude
07/19/2012, 01:34 PM
I bought a large puffer for my wife that she liked a lot, he is in a 85 QT tank.

I said we can get him takehim home and get a bigger tank for him, he was in a 40 breeder.

and upgrade I did, bought a 240 and the damn bottom broke, So I have a 120 till the 240 get's fixed.

so to say most people never upgrade is kinda wrong. I did all of this within 2 weeks, I am no aquarium expert but I would think to say if a LFS is selling a baby hippo, which will probably be in a small tank ? and if he is going to upgrade in a time spand which is not to long. Buy it. you're 72 is bigger than the tank they hold them in most times anyway.

I knew a guy who had a 980GT, not system the tank was 980. and he had some big fish in it, he told me even tho he has a almost 1K aquarium it's still not big enough.

I did'nt understand what he was talking about, he broke it down saying " who has a tank the size of a real reef" ? 55-500 gallons doesnot matter cause it was still pulled from the wild, where water travel was endless.

So, people might have a 300 gallon with a tang saying it's enough room, Not really. thats like you being put into a house the rest of you're life never to leave. Less you are cool with that.

Was he correct ? who knows really. but think about it

sponger0
07/19/2012, 01:38 PM
I bought a large puffer for my wife that she liked a lot, he is in a 85 QT tank.

I said we can get him takehim home and get a bigger tank for him, he was in a 40 breeder.

and upgrade I did, bought a 240 and the damn bottom broke, So I have a 120 till the 240 get's fixed.

so to say most people never upgrade is kinda wrong. I did all of this within 2 weeks, I am no aquarium expert but I would think to say if a LFS is selling a baby hippo, which will probably be in a small tank ? and if he is going to upgrade in a time spand which is not to long. Buy it. you're 72 is bigger than the tank they hold them in most times anyway.

I knew a guy who had a 980GT, not system the tank was 980. and he had some big fish in it, he told me even tho he has a almost 1K aquarium it's still not big enough.

I did'nt understand what he was talking about, he broke it down saying " who has a tank the size of a real reef" ? 55-500 gallons doesnot matter cause it was still pulled from the wild, where water travel was endless.

So, people might have a 300 gallon with a tang saying it's enough room, Not really. thats like you being put into a house the rest of you're life never to leave. Less you are cool with that.

That makes you one out of..i dont know how many that say they will upgrade and never have.

sponger0
07/19/2012, 01:39 PM
As sarcastic as I am, sometimes I miss other people's.

Next time ill throw a LOL in there to be sure lol

Entropy
07/19/2012, 01:39 PM
I don't think you will find too many (actually zero) wrasses that confine themselves to a 72g area in nature. Even wrasses that setup cleaning stations and harems and stay put in a small area still generally claim more than 72g of ocean as their territory. It's pointless to argue. In the end you have to do what you feel is right and drive on.

ramdude
07/19/2012, 01:42 PM
That makes you one out of..i dont know how many that say they will upgrade and never have.

Oh don't get me wrong.

I have known plenty of people to do the " well i'll get him now and set up another tank".

You don't know my wife LOL I will hear bout it til he is in a new home :lol2:

I also agree with you, saying & doing is 2 different thing's. I believe if you buy it knowing it will be way to big for the size tank you own, and do not buy a larger tank as said. thats wrong.

MrTuskfish
07/19/2012, 01:46 PM

Whats to think about. Your point has been argued for more than the 30+ years I've been in the hobby. general guidelines for tank size weren't just arbitrarily made up; they've evolved as the result of considerable experience and common sense. But people can, and do, stock any way they want to. But, using "the sea is really big" argument isn't doing anyone trying to keep a fish healthy any favors.

bnumair
07/19/2012, 01:55 PM
tank size aside a 1/2" hippo will not make it in ur tank. i agree with everyone on 72 being small for yellow and hippo.
Hippos at such small sizes have a very high casualty rate. just my 2 cents thats if u decide to ignore the warnings here and buy one that small anyways.

moe458
07/19/2012, 02:04 PM
tank size aside a 1/2" hippo will not make it in ur tank. i agree with everyone on 72 being small for yellow and hippo.
Hippos at such small sizes have a very high casualty rate. just my 2 cents thats if u decide to ignore the warnings here and buy one that small anyways.

I agree completely..unless you want to have a ich attack in your tank stay away from Tangs(specially powder blues very sensetive) in a small tank. I had killed 2 of my tangs learned the hard way.

daviesri
07/19/2012, 02:08 PM
Based on the fact that all fish come from the ocean or vastly huge seas, none should be kept in aquariums since it is cruel and limits the environment they can live in. Let's all quit the fish keeping hobby and just raise corals, which is probably cruel also since all cannot grow to their full potential due to the limited size of the tank.

ramdude
07/19/2012, 02:17 PM
Whats to think about. Your point has been argued for more than the 30+ years I've been in the hobby. general guidelines for tank size weren't just arbitrarily made up; they've evolved as the result of considerable experience and common sense. But people can, and do, stock any way they want to. But, using "the sea is really big" argument isn't doing anyone trying to keep a fish healthy any favors.

Oh I forgot the mermen and mermaids gave people the correct sizes for tanks.

ramdude
07/19/2012, 02:19 PM
Based on the fact that all fish come from the ocean or vastly huge seas, none should be kept in aquariums since it is cruel and limits the environment they can live in. Let's all quit the fish keeping hobby and just raise corals, which is probably cruel also since all cannot grow to their full potential due to the limited size of the tank.

Do what you wish.

I was just giving insight on what someone told me, not to have people take it out on me.

you can throw a brick threw your tank for all I care. :hmm5:

sponger0
07/19/2012, 02:31 PM

If thats how you see it, then give up your dogs, cats or any other animals for that sake. On top of that give up your home and stability and be a romaing nomad like humans were designed to be. Give up central AC and clean running water and clothes.

daviesri
07/19/2012, 02:35 PM
Do what you wish.

I was just giving insight on what someone told me, not to have people take it out on me.

you can throw a brick threw your tank for all I care. :hmm5:

Sorry, I was just making a general commentary. I am not trolling here, but if you buy a small fish that has never wandered the vastness of the oceans, is it really suffering because a 6" fish only has 4 ft to swim in. Most fish that swim long distance do so to find enough food. When you are fed in your 4x2 box do you need the vast space. Yes, I understand a 2 ft fish in a 4 ft tank, but I wonder do the fish really notice.

ramdude
07/19/2012, 02:38 PM
Sorry, I was just making a general commentary. I am not trolling here, but if you buy a small fish that has never wandered the vastness of the oceans, is it really suffering because a 6" fish only has 4 ft to swim in. Most fish that swim long distance do so to find enough food. When you are fed in your 4x2 box do you need the vast space. Yes, I understand a 2 ft fish in a 4 ft tank, but I wonder do the fish really notice.

No I understood bro. I was just playing with ya a bit :)

I agree tho. monster fish in a small aquarium.

Subw00er
07/19/2012, 04:20 PM
The reality is that no fish in the wild would confine themselves their entire life to any space that is possible in a home aquarium, so you're all hypocrites! :)

And yes I think a fish WOULD like a change of scenery after a year. Who wants to stay in the same box their entire life? How many times have you changed homes?

MrTuskfish
07/19/2012, 04:34 PM
The reality is that no fish in the wild would confine themselves their entire life to any space that is possible in a home aquarium, so you're all hypocrites! :)

And yes I think a fish WOULD like a change of scenery after a year. Who wants to stay in the same box their entire life? How many times have you changed homes?

I like being at the top of the food chain. Fish care about eating, not being eaten, and reproducing. They're fish and have fish-size brains. It's easy to tell a thriving fish from one that isn't. That's where the tank size guidelines come from; experience and common sense. Fish care about scenery....gimme a break! Next up, a discussion of "fish feelings".

gone fishin
07/19/2012, 04:58 PM
For $50 an hour I will put your fish on my couch and listen to them maybe prescribe some fish size prozac.

Sandia97
07/19/2012, 05:22 PM
I agree completely..unless you want to have a ich attack in your tank stay away from Tangs(specially powder blues very sensetive) in a small tank. I had killed 2 of my tangs learned the hard way.

I also learned the hard way...put a hippo tang in my 72 bowfront and it was a nightmare dealing with ich. I gave him to someone with a more appropriate sized tank and he's very healthy now.
IMO bad idea getting Dory for your tank ..your kids might be happy for a while but you might lose the tang and possibly all the other fish in your tank if he gets ich. How will they feel then? Just a thought.

MrTuskfish
07/20/2012, 07:43 AM
I also learned the hard way...put a hippo tang in my 72 bowfront and it was a nightmare dealing with ich. I gave him to someone with a more appropriate sized tank and he's very healthy now.
IMO bad idea getting Dory for your tank ..your kids might be happy for a while but you might lose the tang and possibly all the other fish in your tank if he gets ich. How will they feel then? Just a thought.

I agree with your tangs and tank size thinking; but that isn't why your tang got ich. If a fish is properly quarantined (and treated, if needed?); it can't get ich, unless ich is already present in the tank. Ich comes from ich; nothing else.

SneakyPete
07/20/2012, 10:14 AM
Next up, a discussion of "fish feelings".

It's ok to eat fish, 'cause they don't have any feelings.
-Kurt Cobain

MrTuskfish
07/20/2012, 01:22 PM
It's ok to eat fish, 'cause they don't have any feelings.
-Kurt Cobain

My signature line says it all.

pitmindi
07/20/2012, 01:49 PM
I have a hippo tang in my 4" 90 gal. It started the size of a dime and is now, 2 years later, about 4 or 5 inches and is doing well in my tank. None of my fish have ever had ich or other diseases. I have it with a mandarin, a six line wrasse, a melanuris wrasse, a flame angel ( fish bully) and 2 clowns. I got the clowns and the hippo since they were tank raised (said the LFS). My thought is that if the hippo tang is now actually tank raised and not taken and deprived from the ocean, then why not have one.

ramdude
07/20/2012, 01:54 PM
My signature line says it all.

Current Tank Info: 180, (2) 240 FOWLR, 55 reef, starting a 240 reef (with a helper)

?????????? i'm lost. lol

MrTuskfish
07/20/2012, 02:31 PM
Current Tank Info: 180, (2) 240 FOWLR, 55 reef, starting a 240 reef (with a helper)

?????????? i'm lost. lol

The line above it.

MrTuskfish
07/20/2012, 02:35 PM
I have a hippo tang in my 4" 90 gal. It started the size of a dime and is now, 2 years later, about 4 or 5 inches and is doing well in my tank. None of my fish have ever had ich or other diseases. I have it with a mandarin, a six line wrasse, a melanuris wrasse, a flame angel ( fish bully) and 2 clowns. I got the clowns and the hippo since they were tank raised (said the LFS). My thought is that if the hippo tang is now actually tank raised and not taken and deprived from the ocean, then why not have one.

"Tank raised" is not the same as "tank bred". "Tank-raised" fish are caught as tiny tangs, acclimated & raised to a bigger size in captivity. I don't know of any tangs that are not wild-caught. But, they sure is no shortage of them in the ocean. BTW, I doubt that they are even "tank-raised".

SushiGirl
07/20/2012, 05:55 PM
This is a really good time to teach your kid the entire point of the tank in Finding Nemo, was that having all those fish in that tank was the wrong way to set up a tank & very bad for the inhabitants. That's why the tank was covered in algae & all the fish wanted to be free. The moral of that story has escaped way too many people.

MrTuskfish
07/21/2012, 09:29 AM
This is a really good time to teach your kid the entire point of the tank in Finding Nemo, was that having all those fish in that tank was the wrong way to set up a tank & very bad for the inhabitants. That's why the tank was covered in algae & all the fish wanted to be free. The moral of that story has escaped way too many people.
DP....sorry.

MrTuskfish
07/21/2012, 09:34 AM
I thought the moral was "cartoons aren't real"; but then, I didn't see the movie.

albano
07/21/2012, 09:50 AM
"way too many people"!!! ...that 'moral' escaped EVERYONE, except you!:eek:
I'll bet that some people thought, that the 'moral of the story' was that clownfish belong in the ocean, and all fish 'dream' about escaping from the tank!:rolleyes:

atubin
07/22/2012, 12:14 PM
Wow, this really took off. Not buying the Hippo, even though everyone assumes I am going to.....also not getting rid of the yellow. It is very interesting to come and post on a forum only to see a few days later that post has blown up with negativity and criticism. Thanks everyone.

sponger0
07/22/2012, 12:37 PM
Its not negativity. The point is that most are against putting a hippo tang in 72 gallons of water without you having the right size tank to house it.

You are getting the proper advice. Its up to you what to do with that advice.

Sport507
07/22/2012, 01:15 PM
Wow, this really took off. Not buying the Hippo, even though everyone assumes I am going to.....also not getting rid of the yellow. It is very interesting to come and post on a forum only to see a few days later that post has blown up with negativity and criticism. Thanks everyone.

It’s not that you made a bad post at all so don’t think you have done anything wrong. There are probably more threads closed and infraction handed out over fights that break out on Tangs and tank size than any other topic. It’s a very heart felt thing for some people and I understand that. I typically don’t even post anything in these threads for that very reason.

I just hope you don’t get a bad impression of RC as a whole because of this thread. I will apologize to you for some of these posts and sorry this happen.

mikeoif08
07/22/2012, 02:02 PM
I know my LFS will give you store credit for fish that have out grown your tank. So in theory you could house a very tiny tang for awhile IMO if your LFS would offer to buy it back. I see fish stores house a group of tiny tangs in a 10 gallon for quite some time before selling. Which I think is wrong. But a footprint like yours I think would suffice short term. Thats my 2 cents.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

SushiGirl
07/22/2012, 02:20 PM
The majority of RC is very helpful. The hot-button thread subjects here that turn out like this or worse are, in order of worst to bad (LOL): tangs, whether LEDs are the future, and the 2 TV shows Tanked & Fish Tank Kings. Arguments will start on these subjects regardless of the initial post. I've seen people argue about tang tank size on threads where the tank in question is 300 gallons LOL.

I typically don't respond in tang threads, but when I see one where people are trying to recreate the tank from Finding Nemo for their kids I really cringe. Kids should be educated that the tank in that movie was a bad husbandy example just like you'd tell them they can't have 101 dalmations LOL.

I think you're trying to follow the right path, but do be aware that upgrades can be not done in time. We bought a 140 over a year ago & it's still not up & running because everything for a big tank costs so much. It's usually more than what's available to spend at a time. When the upgrade is cycling, go ahead & get the fish. Getting fish out of an established reef tank & into an upgrade, especially one that's so prone to springing out in ich under the least little bit of stress, is no picnic.

heckfire
07/22/2012, 05:19 PM
on my last trip to the Bahamas we came across some local kids that had just finished fishing and were cleaning them. On the rock next to them were several blue/hippo tang carcasses and they currently had a french angel under the filet knife . Get the tang,, long time before it outgrows a 72

albano
07/22/2012, 06:41 PM
on my last trip to the Bahamas we came across some local kids that had just finished fishing and were cleaning them. On the rock next to them were several blue/hippo tang carcasses and they currently had a french angel under the filet knife .
there are NO hippo tangs in the Bahamas

pitmindi
07/22/2012, 06:42 PM
I thought that the eggs were taken before they hatched and raised in a breeding farm. How else can there be so many hippo tangs for sale recently that are the size of a dime....

heckfire
07/22/2012, 06:52 PM
there are NO hippo tangs in the Bahamas

yes, i meant blue not regal

nynick
07/23/2012, 07:36 AM
Just think of how much money you will save on not having to send your kids to a psychiatrist after having seen Dory ripped to shreds.

Here is my take on Tangs...... Some tangs look like plates, others look like sports cars. I kept a couple of the plate varieties over the years in tanks around 100g and found them to be great fish. They have peddled around, nipping algae as they go. They seem to be able to live a somewhat normal life in a reasonably sized tank.

I kept 1 of the sports car variety and will never do it again. It is sad to watch the poor fish charge from side to side in under a second and made my tank feel more like a prison....It was a Hippo tang btw. He seemed to be doing at least ok and after having had fish and chips for dinner yesterday I don't really have the moral ground to stand on regarding tangs. It made me sad to watch him though.

P.S. Don't ask questions about Tangs on reef forums, the Tang Police is always watching!

aandfsoccr04
07/23/2012, 08:02 AM
Just keep the tang in the appropriate sized tank that you currently have. There is a sticky in the reef fish section for tang tank sizes for you to reference. Happy reefing :thumbsup:

MrTuskfish
07/23/2012, 08:06 AM
I thought that the eggs were taken before they hatched and raised in a breeding farm. How else can there be so many hippo tangs for sale recently that are the size of a dime....
These tiny tangs are easily captured by divers. Most tangs spawn in open water and the eggs are pelagic. I believe most tang eggs hatch into larvae within a couple of days. Very few SW fish leave nice little piles of eggs, like clownfish do. Identifying and collecting tang eggs would impossible. There are some SW angels that are being raised from larvae. IMO, our hobby has no real effect on fish populations; with a few notable exceptions. Scuba diving really shows the incredible number of fish on the reefs.

sn4265
07/23/2012, 08:35 AM
These tiny tangs are easily captured by divers. Most tangs spawn in open water and the eggs are pelagic. I believe most tang eggs hatch into larvae within a couple of days. Very few SW fish leave nice little piles of eggs, like clownfish do. Identifying and collecting tang eggs would impossible. There are some SW angels that are being raised from larvae. IMO, our hobby has no real effect on fish populations; with a few notable exceptions. Scuba diving really shows the incredible number of fish on the reefs.

I totally agree with the scuba diving reference here, and on that note I really, REALLY can't wait to get back to some decent diving. Unfortunately at this point it's looking like it might not be until next fall when we are taking a cruise to Grand Caman and Cozumel. I'm super excited about getting to dive in both of those locations.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled tang fight.

nynick
07/23/2012, 08:59 AM

You think this was bad? Make a new thread named "Which Tang for my Nano?" and post it on different reef forums...and take cover fast!

There is a thin line between passionate and fanatical. 100% of reefers are passionate but thankfully only 99.99% have topics that they are fanatical about. Also, 100% of us consider ourselves to belong in that 0.01% group (but truth be told, I am the only one that really do! :celeb1:)