PDA

View Full Version : What's On My Clownfish?

Ambition
07/20/2012, 12:40 PM
Yesterday I went and picked up my three fish that had to spend a couple weeks at a LFS because of some bad stray voltage. Today I look into the tank and the female clown is covered in white fluffy stuff. The male is fine with the exception of white stringy feces. They are eating well and acting normal thus far, even with the long trip home and new tank.

Here (http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x450/kriben1/th_7461257f.jpg) is a video. It is hard to see unless she is in the right spot under the light with my phone's camera. Nearly impossible to take a picture of, thus the video.

Ambition
07/20/2012, 11:32 PM
Should I get a better video or picture for diagnosis?

jamesbaur13
07/21/2012, 12:47 AM
The video isn't working.

Without a pic it's hard to tell if theres an issue. Eating and acting normal is always a plus.

I would advise doing a search on "brookynella" and "marine velvet" just so you could compare pics to make sure it's not one of those.

After veiwing, if you have a strong hunch it might be either one of them... get them into a QT tank quick to isolate them while you search/post for answers.

MrTuskfish
07/21/2012, 09:45 AM
If it is one of the parasites above, all fish need to be treated. Same for ich.

Ambition
07/21/2012, 09:51 AM
They are in a QT tank already (40 breeder). They pyle's wrasse is being lethargic, and now the clowns have become lethargic. They pyle's wrasse probably has it but, with being in stress coloration and all hard to tell.

Ambition
07/21/2012, 01:01 PM
Could someone tell me the difference between the two? From my reading both diseases sound the same almost. Should I do something like a FW dip to see if that helps and go from there?

MrTuskfish
07/21/2012, 02:20 PM
You're not giving us any info to help. Did you try to Google the parasites suggested by jamesbaur13? You can't treat something without knowing what it is. Is the skin peeling or sloughing off? Is there a velvety coating on the fish? Spots? Etc.

spieszak
07/21/2012, 02:31 PM
http://s1182.photobucket.com/albums/x450/kriben1/?action=view&current=7461257f.mp4
http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x450/kriben1/th_7461257f.jpg
skimmed these from the first.. they weren't posted right... I can't see any "white fluffy stuff"

Ambition
07/21/2012, 02:49 PM
I know for a fact that it is not ick, as I have experienced that before and there aren't little "grains of salt" on the body.

I have Googled both and looked at images, but the images for both look nearly identical (then again, Google Images isn't always accurate). The skin is not peeling or sloughing off in any way right now. However when I brought them back home Friday there was cloudy pieces of something in their bag, almost like thin plastic. I just thought it was detritus in the bag or something (male has white stringy poop). Also, all fish have stopped eating now. The clowns will at least sample the food, only to spit out, but the wrasse won't even try it. It appears to look almost velvety when looking at the clowns, but I can't see anything on the wrasse as of now... I am going to try and see if I can get a decent picture or video again...

Female clown is now glancing on objects as there are areas on her face that are starting to get this stuff. I can't get a good picture of video of them because they are staying in the back corner inside a flowerpot. Won't come to the front.