PDA

View Full Version : Apex Issue

montepora
07/20/2012, 01:16 PM
I have both apex and apex lite. I used the lite to monitor my display tank and used apex for sump and equipment in the basement. I never bother to find out how to combine them so I can differentiate them in the web page but the regular apex stays online so I get email warnings if anything goes wrong in the basement.

The other day, I needed to change something in the Apex Lite so I put it online but never took it off. When I realized that, I went to the basement and put the regular apex back online and then took the lite offline so I guess for a moment, they were both online.

When I tried to get the log file wanting to change some settings in the apex yesterday, the data was corrupted. I had three digit pH and temp values and I had the word bogus in the file. I figure I will restart the controller but when I did that, the display unit went black and when I restart again, my base unit is not recognizing my second EB8 and all my naming convention for the outlets was gone but the commands stayed but they are all over the place.

So I read the new user's guide and I think the firmware is corrupted. The version I have in my apex is 4.02. I follow the instruction and I cannot get the loader to do the handshake with apex. It would attempt to connect up to 50x and said apex is not responding. I did everything suggested in the guide and it was getting late so I follow the last suggestion in the new user guide- unplug power to base unit and display unit hoping to drain the battery so they can start fresh. This helped today because the outlets from the second EB8 came back to both display unit and web page but the base unit is not recognizing both EB8s since amp was not showing up in the display unit and I cannot control anything from both display unit and web page. When I tried to update the firmware again, same thing, cannot get apex to respond.

HELP! and THANKS!

RussM
07/20/2012, 01:40 PM
Multiple Apexes will coexist on the same network just fine... they only need to have different IP addresses. Even if you have them both connected with the same IP address at the same time, I highly doubt that this caused the issues you are experiencing.

In the time it would take me to write up a detailed process for you to follow to correct what sounds like compounded issues, Neptune can get you squared away. Contact Neptune support via email (support@neptunesys.com); provide a brief problem description (you could just copy your post here) and provide a phone number. You can also try calling them @ (408) 578-3022. Email is usually best though.

montepora
07/20/2012, 01:45 PM
Thanks, I did that already.

montepora
07/20/2012, 06:29 PM
I was able to update the firmware but my controller is still not recognizing my EB8s. The display unit show no amps. I have a call scheduled with Paul from Neptune.