PDA

View Full Version : How do I wire my Meanwells to Apex dimmable wire?!?!?

LennyD4
07/22/2012, 05:47 AM
So I have meanwell ELN-60-48D drivers and purchased the VDM module for my ApexJR and the dimmable cable with it. The cable has 2 groups of wires at the end. Red-Black-Green-Yellow in one set of insulation and then the same color codes in a second set. I want to dim 2 drivers of Royal blues separate from 1 driver of Warm whites. Anyone have a data sheet or idea of what color codes to use?

ghellin
07/22/2012, 09:21 AM
I can't remember what color off hand (I am dimming 4 elns with my apex) I pulled the info from the unofficial user guide that is a sticky in the Neptune forum.

bhazard451
07/22/2012, 09:28 AM
Save yourself the money next time, and cut off one end of a Cat5 ethernet cable. I forget the colors on the official cable. They're confusing.

V1
Orange-White +
Orange -

V2
Blue-White +
Green -

ghellin
07/22/2012, 09:38 AM
Save yourself the money next time, and cut off one end of a Cat5 ethernet cable. I forget the colors on the official cable. They're confusing.

V1
Orange-White +
Orange -

V2
Blue-White +
Green -

Not confusing at all, two options one read and know the second takes 5 seconds with a multimeter.

Since he already has the cables this doesn't really answer his question.

LennyD4
07/22/2012, 09:46 AM
Yea I wish I would have known in advance that I could use CAT5E or Cat6 cable but thats neither here nor there. I will read that users guide.

blackthunda77
07/23/2012, 02:13 PM
let me know how it works out for you. Im curious too as i am waiting on a couple drivers and would like to tinker with dimming them. I have the APEX version so i have the 2 VR ports already included.

ghellin
07/23/2012, 02:28 PM
Anyone that has an Apex needs to read the unofficial user guide found in the Neptune forums as a sticky. It answers 98% of your Apex questions.

LennyD4
07/23/2012, 04:30 PM
let me know how it works out for you. Im curious too as i am waiting on a couple drivers and would like to tinker with dimming them. I have the APEX version so i have the 2 VR ports already included.

I figured it all out now but I used their " 2 Channel Dimming Wire" to make it work. If you have any questions you can message me.