PDA

View Full Version : water quality issue

drktemplar
07/22/2012, 07:40 PM
ok so im having some trouble gettin my tank to stop producing algae.. I have an RO/DI unit it works but im still not getting my water down to 0ppm.. Now my question is this..

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue or is there a trick to use to try and get my water better. I live in the country and am on a well. I have a water softener but not sure its working. I cant seem to get it to stop growing algae. I do regular water changes and my parameters are in check.

Ca-500 ppm
Mg- 1350
Alk- 10 dkh
SpG- 1.025
temp- 80 deg
I have 2 110W LED fixtures overtop. I use Coral Sea- Coral Pro Salt

Any insight maybe some kind of trick or something i can do to fix this problem. I just think its the RO/DI unit but i cant afford to fix that right now. But is there something i can do?

ajcanale
07/22/2012, 07:42 PM
It doesnt have to be 0 ppm exactly. How close is it?

drktemplar
07/22/2012, 07:49 PM
ok sorry i forgot to mention the most important part. Its coming out before the DI resin at about 130 ppm. And after the DI resin to almost 300 ppm. So I just use the water before the DI resin.

jong11
07/22/2012, 07:51 PM
When was the last time you changed out your DI resin? That doesn't make sense that it's 130ppm before and 300 after.

What is the ppm from the tap?

My other thought is you might need a booster since you're on a well.

drktemplar
07/22/2012, 08:02 PM
yes i need to change the DI resin. its starting to change color. I do not know the ppm from the tap because i have a built in TDS meter in the unit

and a booster pump? where could i get one for cheap?

jong11
07/22/2012, 08:12 PM
You could switch your inline to test before the RO. It would be nice to know what you are working with.
Definitely change out your resin.
A booster pump will help with the rejection rate vs output from DI. Can't really say you need one without knowing what the pressure is from your faucet.

jong11
07/22/2012, 08:20 PM
Did a little research...

1. Your canisters are not tightened correctly and a seal is leaking
2. Your DI resin is not packed tight enough
3. You TDS meters are not functioning correctly
4. You need to flush your system after a period of not using it
5. You need to replace your resin
6. There's an air pocket somewhere in the system

Not sure which, but all things to consider

drktemplar
07/22/2012, 08:26 PM
ok thank you very much i will try all of these things and see how it works out for me. I'll see how it turns out