PDA

View Full Version : Sand question

Mangodude
07/23/2012, 04:51 PM
How does everyone keep their sand from moving all over the place in their sps tanks? my tanks not cloudy or anything but seems like once a week a hill will build up somewhere in my tank..

I still don't think I have enough flow but i'm afraid to add more if my sand continues this way..

goettner
07/23/2012, 05:08 PM
Either move up or point up your watermovers what ever kind they are.I had to do that in my tank.

180gal and looking good for 8 weeks, PETE

downbeach
07/23/2012, 05:15 PM
I have a 6" DSB using oolitice aragonite(sugar size), so it doesn't take much to get it moving. I have a mixed reef which includes SPS. I've found that if I place the PH lower in the tank and direct it upward that I don't have a major problem. There are a couple of place where I have PH's near the bottom, so I used a little crushed coral in those area's, which worked fine.

Mangodude
07/23/2012, 05:25 PM
Thanks everyone, i've got two of the three as high up as I can place them in the tank and pointed straight across. Should I lower them so I can aim them up?

Arkayology
07/23/2012, 07:29 PM
Thanks everyone, i've got two of the three as high up as I can place them in the tank and pointed straight across. Should I lower them so I can aim them up?

Yes. Try that out for awhile and see how it does.