PDA

View Full Version : How do you acclimate a snail that comes in on a paper towel?

Neptunes World
07/24/2012, 09:07 PM
From the LFS, well, could drip away, but, when I order online, they are always on some wet paper.

Tokyoyankee
07/24/2012, 09:11 PM
U don't. Just drop them in

awpong
07/24/2012, 09:24 PM
U don't. Just drop them in

+1. I usually temp acclimate for 10 minutes and drop them in the tank. The temp acclimation is probably overkill though.

Cloudburst2000
07/25/2012, 05:24 AM
Did you order from reefcleaners.org by any chance? That's how they send their snails. You just temp acclimate the bag for about 15min and then drop the snails directly into the tank. It might take some of the snails a couple days to actually move around so don't write them off as dead. Many will move around immediately but a handful will take a couple days. I have always had good luck with livestock from reefcleaners.org.

maroun.c
07/25/2012, 06:18 AM
I prefer to place them against the glass on top of the water and usually they attach. then leave them to move in the water and self acclimate.
some just fall in one go in the water and haven't noticed any excessive die off among those. I personally prefer to dry acclimate ie take snails you receive outside of their water for 20 min till they expell their water and then introduce to tank over drip acclimation...

raypadro
07/25/2012, 06:26 AM
u don't. Just drop them in

+1