PDA

View Full Version : Neptune and ATO

gunlocators
07/25/2012, 09:33 PM
OK Currently I have a Tunze Osmolator ATO 3155 its a great ATO however I am finding I dont like running along side with my Apex.

Reason: lets say like to day I clicked FEED A in my Apex. Almost immediately when my return pump shuts off i get a high water alarm from the Tunze. Next when my system resumes after feeding it takes a little bit for my tank and sump to equalize so my return portion of my sump starts to run low and the Tunze kicks on the ATO to add water. Once it is equalized I feel too much water has entered my system.

I am thinking of selling the new Tunze and using floats on the Apex. If so how would you accomplish this. Also I assume I could simply enter code for the Apex Float to shut off for an addition 5-10 min after a feed cycle ends. Am I correct in this thinking?

insomniac2k2
07/25/2012, 09:47 PM
You are correct about your assumption about the Apex controlling your ATO. You will want redundant floats and a nice slow pump (IMO, slow is best. Who really needs a fast Auto top off???). And yes, you can easily have the Apex disable ATO function anytime (not just when you are feeding), based on any criteria you choose.

You can also use your apex to control your tunze. This way you dont have to buy a pump. Im pretty sure that ive seen others post their configurations around here.

EDIT: I forgot to add that you will need a Breakout box. They are sold for like $28

RussM
07/25/2012, 09:50 PM
The Osmolator is an excellent unit. You could just power it from an EB8 outlet, and then use the appropriate programming to shut it off as needed.

You can't "shut off" a float switch, but you can program an outlet to override being turned on or off by a float switch.

[ATO-Pump]
Set OFF
If Switch1 CLOSED Then ON
If FeedA 005 Then OFF

In the above example, the ATO pump would normally be controlled by the state of the float switch connected to switch input #1. But if FeedA is active (and for 5 minutes afterwards), the ATO Pump would be prevented from turning on if the float switch closed.

gunlocators
07/25/2012, 10:31 PM
Is the above code if the tunze is plugged in to the eb8 or would it simply be

Set On
If FeedA 005 Then OFF

gunlocators
07/26/2012, 02:29 AM
Does this code look ok I plugged it into an eb8 outlet tonight have not tested it i am getting tired dont want to mess anything up.

Fallback ON
Set ON
If FeedA 010 Then OFF
If FeedB 010 Then OFF
If FeedB 010 Then OFF
If FeedD 010 Then OFF

If I have this correct the ATO is set to on for the Tunze to power up. On feed times it will be turned of and remain off an additional 10 min for tank to stabilize.

RussM
07/26/2012, 07:02 AM
Yes

aquamanic
07/26/2012, 07:44 AM
I don't know how many watts your Tunze pump draws but if 5w or less, make sure you use outlets 4 or 8 for reliable operation. Symptoms would be inconsistent turning off if the current draw is insufficient and it's not connected to 4 or 8.

gunlocators
07/26/2012, 02:53 PM
This worked perfect tested it today guys now I need to add another EB8 :)