PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Blaster 2000 to replace Atman 2500 ?????

drukkosz
07/29/2012, 12:33 PM
I did post it in equipment forum but didnt get an answer so will try here.

I have SWC 160 skimmer and lately my atman 2500 is giving me hard time.

I was wondering if Bubble Blaster 2000 is a good replacement? will it fit without any modifications??

I also just upgrated my tank from 90g to 125g and want something more powerful. 960 L/H vs 650L/H Atman pump.

I know that people are having problems with Atman pump and there are many solutions there but i am not interested. I am looking for better performance

thanks

BigKahuna
07/29/2012, 04:25 PM
I posted over in your other thread and see there doesn't seem to be much in the way of experience with what you are looking to do. What are you space constraints in your sump? If you have space you could probably add the BB externally to the skimmer and plumb it through the intake hole on the side of the skimmer.

M28cruiser
08/06/2014, 11:40 PM
I know this thread is old , but I was wondering if you were able to replace the pump with a BB and plumb it from the outside?

I m on my seconds atman 2500 pump. It's been less than 8 months since I had this replacement pump running. Hate wasting money on sub par equipment.

xdestry
08/07/2014, 02:26 AM
I know this thread is old , but I was wondering if you were able to replace the pump with a BB and plumb it from the outside?

I m on my seconds atman 2500 pump. It's been less than 8 months since I had this replacement pump running. Hate wasting money on sub par equipment.

Wondering about changing out this pump for either an outside pump or another one that fits as well, my skimmers the loudest thing on my setup with the atman2500.