PDA

View Full Version : What to do as a regular maintenance to keep this system running good

marinemina
07/29/2012, 04:12 PM
I am running a Fish only tank with normal rocks (not live), 30 gallon with air stone skimmer and small mechanical internal filter only .. light stocked ..
What to do as a regular maintenance to keep this system running good with controlling nitrate ....???

b0bab0ey
07/29/2012, 04:19 PM
I am running a Fish only tank with normal rocks (not live), 30 gallon with air stone skimmer and small mechanical internal filter only .. light stocked ..
What to do as a regular maintenance to keep this system running good with controlling nitrate ....???

Water changes, although nitrates are a non-issue unless you plan on keeping corals/inverts. Even still, water changes will help your fish. I'd also add a HOB power filter.

sw_df27
07/29/2012, 04:43 PM
I'm actually kinda in the same position except I hope to one day have some soft corals so I currently have about 10lbs of live rock and I do 20% water changes every two weeks if you don't want to mix your own petco actually sales actual sea water my lfs actually mixes the water for you with my water changes every two weeks all my levels are staying pretty much perfect I also would like to add I have 4 turbo snails 13 Nas snails and a sea star in with a pair of clowns so far so good and we have been up and running for a little over a month now I also ordered a Korilia 550