PDA

View Full Version : q's for pros

codyreef29
08/01/2012, 02:18 PM
I have a few questions i would like answered.

how many leds per gallon should i need using cree 3w rapidleds.
My tank is 7.5 gallon cube and my fixture will be about 12-14inches above.
The sps i want to keep will be montipra birdnest and acroporas only at the top which is about 8 inches above bottom of tank so about 16-18 inches from the light.

Would alkalinity and calcium be the only thing i would need to add and monitor to keep sps.

My tank will be coral only with 3.5 fuge 6inch dsp and seclone 100 skimmer rated up too 100 gallons which will keep my water superclean. I am not so good with keeping sps and have failed before but I think this setup will be a sucess

karsseboom
08/01/2012, 02:55 PM
That is a pretty small tank for Sps. I don't think the leds will be the problem but keeping that tank stable will be the difficult.

napsterMS
08/01/2012, 09:19 PM
That is a pretty small tank for Sps. I don't think the leds will be the problem but keeping that tank stable will be the difficult.

+1 I wouldn't keep sps in a tank that small

MBIETZ
08/01/2012, 09:32 PM
That size tank will make it more difficult but it can be done also that size skimmer is far to large and if you dont have any fish it most likely wont skim very well at all. I dont know how long you have been in the hobby and i am not bashing you in any way but if your new then take it slow try some of the easier stuff and move into the hard stuff. Also with that small of tank you wouldnt have to dose often if at all if you do good size water changes often and their is also a thread some were on here with people that do 100% water changes and have great success they also dont dose because their water changes suppy what the corals need.