PDA

View Full Version : Fluke Tabs

bmullikin1
08/02/2012, 09:22 AM
I'm looking for enough fluke tabs to get rid of my blue clove polyps, tried kalk, works but even w sucking out leftovers they are spreading. System is abpt 200g total. It seems no one makes these any more, will gladly pay for them and shipping.

bmullikin1
08/02/2012, 12:54 PM
anyone

psteeleb
08/02/2012, 02:48 PM
anyone

it doesn't take much - less then a tab I'm sure

the way this was discovered was a side affect of treating corals for AEFW.

What I heard and can confirm is when a coral was treated in a fluke tab bath the residual amount on the coral (and rock I guess) would kill off xenia, green star polyps and the like.

Sure enough I treated for AEFW by dipping my corals in a fluke tab solution and when I returned them to the tank within a few days my anthelia, xenia and GSP started to wilt. The GSP took a couple months but never recovered. Even more then a year later I could not grow GSP (though xenia grew) in the tank, I'm not sure it was a residual of the fluke tabs but if it was it was a long lasting one. And by the way sps do very well in my tank so it's not a general husbandy issue :)

you can usually find them with pond supplies - soem pet stores carry them but they are used more in goldfish / koi ponds

best of luck

Tomoko Schum
09/11/2012, 09:47 AM
So the decline of these corals is slow enough to not cause a sudden massive die-off/ammonia issue? If xenia and leather corals would die slowly over a few days or a few weeks, I should be able to remove them before they totally disintegrate and avoid a severe ammonia spike.

If so, I am willing to give fluke tabs a try. I have a huge amount of xenia growing in my 180. My concern has been a sudden ammonia spike that I have to deal with quickly.