PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a peacock mantis

Ehudd
08/06/2012, 08:17 PM
Im in Perth western Australia, where such things never come my way. But I can hope.

Kharn
08/06/2012, 09:05 PM
There is no real point in asking on here...

We cannot import or export invertebrates and this is a U.S. site the amount of Aussies on here that are actively posting are less then the amount of fingers that you have on one hand (less then 5).

Again, patience is the key, faith in your LFS's and Collectors.

The Peacock is very common down here, they just popup at random since the animals are only for dedicated people and dedicated systems, not for reefs or community tanks.

I can guarantee this.

You WILL get one, that I am 110% positive of, this is how I think, no matter what I want, I WILL get it.....just that it might take a long time but, I will still get it inevitably.

Ehudd
08/07/2012, 04:38 AM
Ive owned marine tanks for 11 years now, never seen a peacock yet. That and mandarin fish got me into the hobby

King Venom
08/07/2012, 05:30 AM
Ive owned marine tanks for 11 years now, never seen a peacock yet. That and mandarin fish got me into the hobby

Collectors dont offten look or i should say actively looking for them for the main reason its a bloody mantis why would you want that. It about changing attitudes im thinking of picking a g. Smithi up if thats whats on offer when i hit perth at the end of the month. Trust me my collector is looking and has a Idea chart and armed with Dr. Roys web page.nletsmthe hunt begin.

TundraGuy
08/07/2012, 06:16 AM
All thou I do not have a mantis at the moment I can’t get away from them. Lol Let me show you what I am talking about. So we are working on the 32 deuce coupe yesterday and I step out of the garage and find something looking at me.

I know I know it’s not a mantis shrimp. But I thought you’d get a kick out of it anyway. Its like God is say to me get a new shrimp.

I posted this in the wrong spot my bad.