PDA

View Full Version : Avast ATO

mic209
08/07/2012, 10:24 AM
Just received my unit yesterday and I am extremely happy with the unit. I was a little surprised that the switch box itself is what plugs into the outlet. I couldn't of plugged it into to my Aquacontroller DC8 without it taking up two spots. Thankfully I had a plug extender laying around. Why don't you guys make this with a power cord? Or even site it in the product description that the switch box plugs into the outlet taking up more space than a typical plug?

Avast Marine
08/08/2012, 07:14 AM
We have considered using the cord but like the tidyness of less cords. Did you consider getting the Neptune specific ATO? Then you could plug the pump diectly into the dc8?

mic209
08/08/2012, 08:10 AM
I have an AC JR, is it compatible with that? If I upgrade to an Apex, can you sell just the cable alone so I can retrofit my current ATO?

Avast Marine
08/08/2012, 11:50 AM
It uses a minidin 8 cable, so if your not using that on the jr you can use it for the digital switch box. The APEX also has input from minidin 8. If you would like to exchange your box please send an email and we can take care of it.

mic209
08/13/2012, 02:24 PM
It uses a minidin 8 cable, so if your not using that on the jr you can use it for the digital switch box. The APEX also has input from minidin 8. If you would like to exchange your box please send an email and we can take care of it.

I'll just wait until I can get an Apex. I can always sell this one and buy the Apex specific one.