PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic driven power head

zues2006
08/09/2012, 09:28 PM
I have a power head model that is about 3-4 years old I think. Purchased it only 1 year ago. It is a:
Corallife CP750

There was a powe surge which tripped all the breakers on the fuse box in my house.
After everything was settled with the system, I flipped the breakers back to normal position.
I noticed my magnetic powerhead had reversed direction. Seems the power surge reversed the polarity on the magnet in the power head. But, after some time, the power head started pushing water out, instead of sucking it in.
But, I have noticed, and I think it has been for quite some time, the power head is back to sucking water in, and not pushing it out.
Is this power head ruined? Is there an easy way to fix it?
I've tried to unplug it, and plug it back in to no avail.

Any ideas?

zues2006
08/13/2012, 12:51 AM
bump

Craig Borowski
08/13/2012, 09:26 AM
You should probably contact the manufacturer.

Almost all (AC) powerheads have the potential to run backwards on startup. This is due to the fact that AC power alternates. Powerhead manufacturers have different ways of correcting a backwards spinning propellor, usually using some sort of mechanical stop. I'm not sure how it's accomplished on the model you have. I think it's safe to say, though, that the magnets did not reverse polarity.