PDA

View Full Version : Apex Base?

mic209
08/10/2012, 09:55 AM
Need a little clarification, if I were to purchase either an Apex base or Apex lite base only with no display, will I be able to use my DC8 that I currently have? I've read that the DC8 plugs in to the display and I've read that it plugs into the base unit, so a little clarification would be great.

RussM
08/10/2012, 10:37 AM
The EB8 supplies power to the base unit under normal conditions, so you really should get the package which has controller, display, EB8, temp probe, AquaBus cable and (depending on reseller) pH probe.

You can power the Apex or Apex Lite using a 12v AC adapter and use your old DC8 if so desired, but you'd have to buy the AC adapter and temp probe separately.

I really suggest getting the starter package over buying the initial parts ala carte, unless you *really* don't want the display.

RussM
08/10/2012, 10:41 AM
The display head plugs into the EB8 or the base unit. You can't plug anything into the display. The base unit has two AquaBus ports and each EnergyBar has six ports so you can connect at all up pretty much as you'd like to suit your setup.

mic209
08/10/2012, 11:05 AM
The EB8 supplies power to the base unit under normal conditions, so you really should get the package which has controller, display, EB8, temp probe, AquaBus cable and (depending on reseller) pH probe.

You can power the Apex or Apex Lite using a 12v AC adapter and use your old DC8 if so desired, but you'd have to buy the AC adapter and temp probe separately.

I really suggest getting the starter package over buying the initial parts ala carte, unless you *really* don't want the display.

Well I already have a DC8, temp probe and Ph probe from my AC Jr I am currently using. So I figured I can save a few bucks by getting a base unit and display without the EB8. I only have 7 things to plug in, so don't really have any use for 16 outlets.

RussM
08/10/2012, 11:07 AM
In that case, just order the Apex/Apex Lite base unit and the 12v adapter and you'll be good to go.

mic209
08/10/2012, 11:14 AM
Thanks everybody for your help. One more question, will I be able to use the WXM with my non wireless ecosmart vortech?

john1979
08/10/2012, 11:29 AM
No - you need to have wireless Vortechs in order to use the WXM module. You can buy the RF board from Ecotech to upgrade to wireless - I think it costs around $45.