PDA

View Full Version : Return Pump Delay Sequence?

Landsailor
08/12/2012, 02:18 AM
Hi,

I've recently moved into my new 125 and just moved the Apex over to it tonight.

Due to the amount of water in the last section of the sump, every time I start the return pump, it needs to run for 45 seconds, then shut off for 15 seconds to allow the siphon to catch up, then it can resume running for the duration.

This should happen every time it resumes running, whether coming out of Feed mode or me turning it off manually. Of course, a low water switch would do it, too, but I'm still working on the bracket.

Thanks. The answer might be in the UNUG, but I can't find it at 1:20am!

swearint
08/12/2012, 09:13 AM
Sequences are cumbersome, but possible using virtual outlets. Here is the code I put together, but have not tested. The key is that you will need an auxillary switching method rather than directly using the pump outlet. This will start the sequence. The first three are virtual outlets, the last is the actual pump outlet:

[Pump_Switch]
Set ON
If FeedA 000 Then OFF

[Step1]
Set OFF
If Outlet Pump_Switch = ON Then ON
Defer 00:45 Then ON

[Step2]
Set OFF
If Outlet Step1 = ON Then ON
Defer 00:15 Then ON

[Pump]
Set OFF
If Outlet Pump_Switch = ON Then ON
If Outlet Step1 = ON Then OFF
If Outlet Step2 = ON Then ON

So, lets start with Pump_Switch set to Manual_OFF. That will have all remaining outlets OFF. Then switching it to AUTO, will turn it ON. This will activate the timer in Step1 and turn the pump outlet ON. Once the timer expires after 45 seconds, Step1 will turn ON. This will in turn shut OFF the pump and activate the timer in Step2. Once that expires after 15 seconds, Step2 will turn ON and turn the pump back ON and run continuously until Pump_Switch is set to Manual_OFF once again. The Feed cycle will accomplish the same thing.

Todd

Landsailor
08/12/2012, 10:20 AM
Thanks a million, Todd! I had run myself around in circles trying to figure out how to put all of those in one outlet.

That worked perfectly!