PDA

View Full Version : Anyone eaten mantis shrimp?

Ehudd
08/13/2012, 10:28 PM
I've seen them cooked alot, never tryed it. I dont like sea food so they are safe from me

Kharn
08/13/2012, 11:17 PM
I've seen them cooked alot, never tryed it. I dont like sea food so they are safe from me

o_O How could you NOT like seafood!?!?!???!

If there is anything I can eat, its seafood! I love it, everyday some meal incorporates seafood, whether its sushi or a tuna roll, I go to the gym 6-7 days (sunday off) and before and after every session, I eat sushi, its 110,000x more better then that powder crap and it tastes really good (that powder stuff is nasty!)

I will tell you this.

Seafood is legal steroids! It's so packed full of good stuff there is NOTHING in it that is bad for your health!

---------

Mantis Shrimp down here is Aus is a real delicacy, you cannot really get it from fish markets and those that do sell them, are bycatch from other targeted things like prawns.

Its very strong flavored often used as a seafood stock, it has a very soft white flesh. You generally pay a lot for it when you get it from upper class restaurants, I go to Sono's often in brisbane city (Best Japanese restaurant in Brisbane!) and sometimes I order the mantis, its a spearer.

Very nice to eat =) I love all seafood though and tend to always lean towards the more weird stuff :P rather then just fish and prawns (although I love them too) but I love crabs, bugs, octopus, scallops, mantis, lobster all the abnormal stuff makes my eyes go wide and my tummy grumble =P

Fartin'Gary
08/14/2012, 10:28 AM
I know Dr. Roy has. They sell them frozen in most Asian food markets. Not the clubbers but spearers. They just trawl them off the bottom.

OKDOHK
08/14/2012, 12:04 PM
o_O How could you NOT like seafood!?!?!???!

If there is anything I can eat, its seafood! I love it, everyday some meal incorporates seafood, whether its sushi or a tuna roll, I go to the gym 6-7 days (sunday off) and before and after every session, I eat sushi, its 110,000x more better then that powder crap and it tastes really good (that powder stuff is nasty!)

I will tell you this.

Seafood is legal steroids! It's so packed full of good stuff there is NOTHING in it that is bad for your health!

Sure, as long as you ignore those high mercury levels.

capschamp
08/14/2012, 12:10 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/207_1041977848150_1038_n.jpg

Not sure if that pic will work, bali hai in penang malaysia, mantis shrimp tastes better than maine lobster.

Fishinbob
08/14/2012, 12:18 PM

I live down here in south Florida and once In a while we either get some from the shrimpers or when fishing well snag one! We once caught one around 15"+ tail alone was 9-10"! Boss ate it and said it was better than lobster! I will try to get the picture it was insanely big for a mantis around here!!