PDA

View Full Version : Octopus skimmer owners need feedback

tom obrecht
08/16/2012, 08:00 PM
So I am in the market for a new skimmer for a future 180 gallon build. I have tried many different brands in the past with varied results. My 2 personal favorites have been Deltec and Bubble King. However, my fear with these is the lack of support in the states. I currently have a smaller system running a Octo 1000sss that does an adequate job but not to the standards of the above mentioned brands IMO.

Here's my question: There are many people here that really push the octo line of skimmers. I am not against using the Octo line but am interested in getting a high quality unit that performs at the top of the field of brands that has service backing it. I know the service is there (from what is mentioned here) but am wary of the skimming potential due to what the unit I have now. I'm curious if those using larger Octo models feel they can stand up to the top name brands used through out the world. I'm also very interested in a unit I can use a self cleaning head on to keep the neck performing optimally.

Thanks in advance!

rupatel
08/16/2012, 08:12 PM
I think the bubble blasteor pump can compete with the high end skimmers