so what i want to ask about

is its good for my tank ?
what to do if im using sea water ?

i need all help with this

that becouse the sea behind my house

thanx

jack.scelsi
08/29/2012, 04:45 PM
many on this forum know better than I but I refrain from sea water due to problem pests that may be introduced.

coralsnaked
09/05/2012, 02:13 PM
Too many variables to help you w/ water from sea behind my house. Myquestion is
"Do you have a reef behind your house." Sea water is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
different depending on where you are taking it from. For instance you can take sea water from the shore and go out 100 ft from the shore and the chemistry is totally different. The problem w/ taking sea water from close to shore is polluntants. Dou understand how a skimmer works. It mocks the wave breaking action of the sea near the shoreline and the foam it creates. This foam along all the shores help to remove organics from the sea water. Point being shoreline water never usually works in an aquarium tank. There are some exceptions but not frequent. If you do not have an active reef within a few hundred feet then I would say your water may not sustain coral life. best help I would say is do not use it.

latinyoungn
09/10/2012, 12:11 PM
That is interesting that you mention the foam on the shoreline. I live on long island right by the south shore and I see so much of that foam and never understood what it was. I can take a pic if needed lol

7391eidde
09/30/2012, 12:20 AM
I wouldn't take water directly from the source. There are company's the sell sea water and have filtered etc. I am looking into that option ATM.