PDA

View Full Version : Radions.. A mind of their own?

cmacld
08/18/2012, 04:41 PM
so i have had my radions over my tank now for 4 months.
I have to say they are awesome... EXCEPT...

they seem to have a mind of their own...
I will catch them at some weird spectrum at different points of the days..
Doesnt happen everyday, that i have noticed anyway, however i do travel A LOT and have relied on my wife to keep watch.

so it seems as every other day at least i have to take bump it to natural mode and then back to artifical mode to get it back on track.

the other night it even had green leds on at night!

i have tried reprogramming over and over. The same issue still persists.

Any ideas what is going on? has anyone else seen this issue?

Cheers,
Chad

fishyguy7
08/19/2012, 12:32 AM
Have you tried doing a factory reset on them and then reprogramming

vitodog
08/19/2012, 01:04 PM
Have you tried to re-calibrate your fixture/s? I have had similar issues with mine and re-calibrating them seemed to resolve some of those issues. One of the issues I have had is the red LED's would not turn off. For that issue I had to return the fixture for a new one. Anyway, good luck.

Bill@IA
08/19/2012, 06:36 PM
so i have had my radions over my tank now for 4 months.
I have to say they are awesome... EXCEPT...

they seem to have a mind of their own...
I will catch them at some weird spectrum at different points of the days..
Doesnt happen everyday, that i have noticed anyway, however i do travel A LOT and have relied on my wife to keep watch.

so it seems as every other day at least i have to take bump it to natural mode and then back to artifical mode to get it back on track.

the other night it even had green leds on at night!

i have tried reprogramming over and over. The same issue still persists.

Any ideas what is going on? has anyone else seen this issue?

Cheers,
Chad

I had the same problem. Turns out, in my case, the fan stopped working and the unit was over heating.
Make sure your fan is functioning.

:)

Eastamherstbias
08/19/2012, 08:55 PM
I had the same issue with a friend's tank. At the same time every day the cool whites would go on when it should be all blues. It was not part of the graph. I did a reset to factory and rebuilt the graph. No issues since then.

I am always a fan of reset to factory. I do it with every new ios and osx/win os. It keeps the code clean or it is all in my head.

cmacld
08/20/2012, 10:12 AM
I did recalibrate the LEDs .. Cant believe I never tried the factory reset.
I'll do that today!
More to come.. I'll keep ya updated
Thanks!!

llecaroz
08/21/2012, 01:32 AM
Ok... so... I spent more than one month on similar issues with some of my radions returned back to Ecotech... before finding that it came from some crappy bugs in the software or in the firmware (not from the hardware)...

So if you go in the "share your graph discussion" thread in this forum, you should find some of my graphs that resolved (for me... & it was a really hard fight during more than one month with some features exchanges) some of my green/red leds not dimming down...

It is really hard to understand the behavior of this bug, but I had to add some spots in the graph to force some channels to dimm down.

It is really complex to resolve, because you have to understand at which moment the channel does not go off or was "turned on" to add a spot on the graph to fix the issue. As you will see in one of my graphs, I had to add so many spots :lol: !!!!

But in fact, even if it was really a pain, for the moment, I am really enjoyed with my fixtures & I am planning to buy a fifth one ! & the good news is that Jonathan & its reseller & its distributor, really supported me to help me into having all my fixtures working together !

ghostman
08/21/2012, 07:00 AM
I feel for the OP as I had similar problems with my radions, and reset/reinstalled firmware multiple times and wasted hours on end. I had 6 radions that did not appear to run the same program despite my best efforts. My posts about "buggy" software were not given much credit, as everyone piled on indicating user error/reset and reload/or recalibrate. Way too many software problems for such a great light. I eventually went back to T5, as did many of the people who told me I was crazy. Hopefully a fix is in the works.

tmulrney
08/21/2012, 09:09 AM
I feel for the OP as I had similar problems with my radions, and reset/reinstalled firmware multiple times and wasted hours on end. I had 6 radions that did not appear to run the same program despite my best efforts. My posts about "buggy" software were not given much credit, as everyone piled on indicating user error/reset and reload/or recalibrate. Way too many software problems for such a great light. I eventually went back to T5, as did many of the people who told me I was crazy. Hopefully a fix is in the works.

I have four Radions and had similar issues. However, Johnathon from Ecotech is fabulous. I called him up, they took over my computer remotely, played around with the software and lights and bingo! Problem solved.

ghostman
08/21/2012, 09:26 AM
I have to agree that the Ecotech guys are amazing and great at their jobs. I love my MP40s, and would never get another pump for my tanks. Great support and pumps!!!

AcroporAddict
08/21/2012, 11:15 AM
I feel for the OP as I had similar problems with my radions, and reset/reinstalled firmware multiple times and wasted hours on end. I had 6 radions that did not appear to run the same program despite my best efforts. ....... I eventually went back to T5,

Man, that was an expensive lesson at $749 a pop.:eek2:

ghostman
08/21/2012, 11:30 AM
Man, that was an expensive lesson at $749 a pop.:eek2:

Not as expensive as the SPS and chalices I lost from my white LEDs at coming on in the middle of the night. :( Colors have returned after about 4 months and growth has returned.

EcoTech Service
08/21/2012, 11:52 AM
Johnathan from Ecotech is fabulous. I called him up, they took over my computer remotely, played around with the software and lights and bingo! Problem solved.
Why thank you, glad I could help! :thumbsup:

If anyone is experiencing issues, we highly encourage you to contact our support number (below) and we'd be more than happy to assist you in finding a prompt resolution.

vitodog
08/22/2012, 03:29 PM
I did recalibrate the LEDs .. Cant believe I never tried the factory reset.
I'll do that today!
More to come.. I'll keep ya updated
Thanks!!

Any updates? Where you able to rectify the issue/s you were having with your fixture/s? If so, how?

cmacld
08/28/2012, 11:12 PM
ok so i cant say that i have solved the problem...
however it does seem to happen less often since i have performed a factory reset.
I think i will still be putting a call into ecotech as soon as i am home for long enough to spend a hour or so with them trying to work it out.