PDA

View Full Version : Witnessed the coolest thing ever with our GSM!!

CoralReeferGal
08/18/2012, 11:32 PM
I was just feeding our new bubble coral some scallop, and a piece got away. Our GSM snatched it up super quick, and as I'm laughing thinking, "silly fish, you don't eat that!" she swam right over to her anemone and fed it. Then swam right back over to the bubble coral, waiting for me to drop a piece out of it's reach again. She got 2 pieces from the coral to feed to her nem, and just WOW. I mean I've seen this on youtube before, but to witness her feeding the nem was just an incredible first hand experience! :inlove: I'm going to try to get video next feeding time.

staindsoul
08/19/2012, 07:05 AM
I bet that was cool to see, poor bubble coral though. :headwally:

CoralReeferGal
08/19/2012, 10:46 AM
I bet that was cool to see, poor bubble coral though. :headwally:

I thawed extra to make up for it LOL so Mr. Bubble was fed well!! getting frustrated that the ONLY fish who won't steal, let alone willingly take, any scallop, clam, or other food, is the lionfish, who we have been trying to switch from live food for about 2 months now.

EllieSuz
08/19/2012, 11:08 AM
I'd love to see a video of this. Hope you can get one next time you feed.

CoralReeferGal
08/19/2012, 11:30 AM
I hope so too! I'm going to make sure theres an extra set of hands LOL, one to feed and one to sit with the cam! As long as she does it again, I'm hoping it wont be too hard to get some video! :)