PDA

View Full Version : Lost my display

dtum
08/19/2012, 08:07 PM
I've seen a few of these on the forum, but I've run into a similar issue. I'm on firmware 4.11_AA11, after a recent power outage my display stopped working.
I've logged in into the apex system and have found two displays. Removed second display but it did not fix the problem, so I've removed another one as well, thinking that I'll be able to add it as a module.
There is no option to add back the display. Tried restarting it a few times but am still running into the same issue. Basically there are no more displays in the drop down. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

dtum
08/19/2012, 08:18 PM
By the way, I've upgraded my firmware to 4.12_5A12, still having the same issue.

RussM
08/19/2012, 09:15 PM
Unplug the display, reboot the Apex, wait until the status light turns green, then plug the display back in. It might come back.

If the above doesn't help, try this:

Connect the display if it is unplugged.
Use the Load/Save page to save a backup of your Apex configuration to your computer. Make sure you know where on your computer this file gets saved... you will need it soon.
On the Misc Setup page, at the bottom, select Initialize Memory->Initialize AquaBus Devices, then click Update Misc Settings. Be advised that all of your outlets will be restored to factory defaults.... we'll fix that soon. In the meantime, I suggest unplugging everything from the EB8 while doing this process.
Wait about 3 minutes, then reboot the Apex.
After the Apex in back up and running for a minute - if the display is working, great. If not, see if it is showing up on the Module setup page, attempt to update the module firmware.
If it is listed, select the display from the drop-down menu, select the Update firmware radio button, then click Update Firmware. You will see the progress of the firmware update lower on the page near where it says Apex Module List. If it is not listed, call or email Neptune.
Restore your outlet names and programming using the Load/Save page. Click Select All, click Browse, select the file you saved in step 2 above, then click Restore Configuration.
Wait 2-3 minutes, then reboot again. All of your outlet names and programming should be there after the Apex comes back up.
Plug everything back into the EB8.

dtum
08/19/2012, 09:28 PM
Unplug the display, reboot the Apex, wait until the status light turns green, then plug the display back in. It might come back.

If the above doesn't help, try this:

Connect the display if it is unplugged.
Use the Load/Save page to save a backup of your Apex configuration to your computer. Make sure you know where on your computer this file gets saved... you will need it soon.
On the Misc Setup page, at the bottom, select Initialize Memory->Initialize AquaBus Devices, then click Update Misc Settings. Be advised that all of your outlets will be restored to factory defaults.... we'll fix that soon. In the meantime, I suggest unplugging everything from the EB8 while doing this process.
Wait about 3 minutes, then reboot the Apex.
After the Apex in back up and running for a minute - if the display is working, great. If not, see if it is showing up on the Module setup page, attempt to update the module firmware.
If it is listed, select the display from the drop-down menu, select the Update firmware radio button, then click Update Firmware. You will see the progress of the firmware update lower on the page near where it says Apex Module List. If it is not listed, call or email Neptune.
Restore your outlet names and programming using the Load/Save page. Click Select All, click Browse, select the file you saved in step 2 above, then click Restore Configuration.
Wait 2-3 minutes, then reboot again. All of your outlet names and programming should be there after the Apex comes back up.
Plug everything back into the EB8.

I have just gone through all these steps. After doing step #5 I still don't see the display module. :(
Thank you for a quick reply and it was worth a shot, but it looks that I might have to call support tomorrow.