PDA

View Full Version : GSP Growth

worm5406
08/20/2012, 02:16 PM
Here is a video of my GSP. Just wondering what you think about him/her...

It likes the flow... How quick do they grow overall?? I am hoping it can cover the underlay rock that it is on. like 1" a year??

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GWrCYDwMU0U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Parameters are good ph 8.1 amn 0 nit 0 nat 0 temp is 78.

Just wondering how long it takes to grow and make sure it is doing good.

Snakebyt
08/21/2012, 04:40 AM
if it grows like mine has been, that rock will be covered in a couple months

worm5406
08/21/2012, 06:51 AM
I have been feeding it zooplankton and it shrivles up while the plankton is on it.

It sits in my leds from 10a - 9p it is at 100% now. I was being nice and slowly moving it up from about 50% when I first got it. It is about 12" from the surface and comes out about 5 minutes after the lights come up. It has come out since day one of getting it.

I got it to cover the rock it is on, I was just curious on its reproduction/growth, I am not in a hurry, just want to make sure it is healthy and unstressed.

I have seen many over the years.. some bright green. Mine is green and brown... so I was just wondering.

worm5406
08/24/2012, 01:26 PM
I was feeding it white top zooplankton (apparently the dead stuff) and it would shrivel up.
I started to feed it the black top stuff (live stuff) and it leaves it's arms extended.

Since I have been feeding it the live stuff the arms are going more green toward the star now. Earlier they were 1/2 green and 1/2 brown (green tips but brown coming outof the star)

Ideas???

Afrankiewicz12
08/24/2012, 10:02 PM
Personally I wouldn't feed it cause it grows like a weed with just light... And use phyto if you do cause the zoo plankton is too big... Zoo is more suited for zoas, palys, and other LPS with mouths and arms.... Whereas phyto is for filter feeders

worm5406
08/27/2012, 01:39 PM
I will have to see what I got... I remember that but I think I just grabbed what was in the fridge at LFS this time.

Sorry.. I looked.. I did get phyto...

I had the dead kind first... this last time I got the live... The dead it would pull back its tentacles when spot feeding it. The live it leaves them extended... strange....

Ideas?

Tradewinds
08/27/2012, 06:38 PM
if it grows like mine has been, that rock will be covered in a couple months

+1

I put a little phyto in the tank twice a week, but never spot feed it and my GSP grows like a weed. I have it placed on the bottom of my tank (24" depth) and it gets a lot of water flow.