PDA

View Full Version : Help with Turbotwist 18w UV Sterilizer

csm41
08/20/2012, 03:29 PM
Anyone have a solution for helping me integrate my Coralife Turbotwist 18w UV Sterilizer into my system? I want to "T" my return line with a valve to control flow and run it back into my sump. I am using 3/4 inch tubing from a MAG 9.5 that has a ball valve to control flow rate. The problem is that it looks like the attachment on the Turbo Twist is a 5/8" connector. I was curious how others are doing this.

Any ideas?

andy2966
08/31/2012, 03:45 PM
I just purchased a 36 watt turbo twist and It had 3 different size adapters to use > 5/8 3/4 and 1 inch. Mabe you can get a different size adapter to screw into your turbo twist. Good luck

Soopabruva1
08/31/2012, 08:52 PM
Anyone have a solution for helping me integrate my Coralife Turbotwist 18w UV Sterilizer into my system? I want to "T" my return line with a valve to control flow and run it back into my sump. I am using 3/4 inch tubing from a MAG 9.5 that has a ball valve to control flow rate. The problem is that it looks like the attachment on the Turbo Twist is a 5/8" connector. I was curious how others are doing this.

Any ideas?

I have 9w running off my Mag 9.5 as well. What I did was attach the 5/8 adapter that came with on the input, and used a 5/8 barb adapter thingy from Lowes to connect to my pump. On the output I just connected 3/4 tube directly to the output. Hope that helps.