PDA

View Full Version : Mounting a Favia Frag

adamk22
08/20/2012, 04:53 PM
I recently picked up the attached favia frag. I don't know what to do with the cross section of exposed skeletons on the edges. I used epoxy around the edges, just shy of the fresh growth. My logic here was to give it a surface to grow over as opposed to taking a sharp angle down the side of the skeleton. But I recently removed epoxy applied in a similar manner to an Acan and a Scolymia because it appeared to be impeding their growth. How should I mount this guy? Same question for an Acan with 4 polyps.
Any advice is appreciated.

jgraz
09/07/2012, 11:49 AM
I'll give this a bump. I also have been wondering the same. I was thinking of just placing on the sandbed. From what i read they put down a pretty heavy skeleton. Just not sure.

coral_dog
09/20/2012, 09:27 AM
anyone?

Canuckgod420
09/20/2012, 11:11 AM
It should work fine with the favia, I sort of did the same thing and now it looks great, no sharp 90 degree growth.

celamb89
09/20/2012, 12:30 PM
I have favias straight on the sand bed but growth is slow... I also placed one on a rock but didnt have the necessity to glue it, the frag just grew and got a grip on the rock... but the epoxy should also be fine..