PDA

View Full Version : Juvenile Scribbled Angel - Will it Grow into an Adult Male?

AndrewLL
08/21/2012, 06:21 AM
Hi,

Really keen to now if anyone has had a juvenile scribbled angel grow up into an adult male (i.e. with the mature male coloration?)

If you have had this happen:
-What size was the angel when you got it?
-How big was it when it changed into an adult male?
-How long did long did you have it before it changed into an adult male?

Also keen to know if you have had a juvenile that grew into an audlt female and never changed into a male.

Cheers

Andrew

AndrewLL
08/23/2012, 12:31 AM
Anyone?

geaux xman
08/23/2012, 02:19 AM
I bought mine around 9/2011 and it came in around 4" female.

Around January this yr, I started noticing the male pattern lines.
The horizontal lines are about 80% complete, with some portions near the back tail still blotchy like the female.

It's right at 6". Very mean and would not coexist with a 4" female I have. Just to the other scribbled and does not bother my other fish. I had to remove the small female.

I will put up some pics later.

Since the scribbled angels are from Australia, how often do you see the males available?

The males are fairly rare here in the U.S. There might be just a couple of male scribbled youtube videos. Every few months, there might be one offered online for sale.

geaux xman
08/23/2012, 06:19 AM
heres an old pic of my changing scribbled.

http://i47.*******.com/e0k650.jpg

geaux xman
08/23/2012, 06:23 AM
heres the most amazing male scribbled I've ever seen..

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-wE_GOGwM64" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

AndrewLL
08/24/2012, 03:43 AM
Thanks for the info. Has your scribbled turned a more vibrant blue/purple on its face since the photo was taken?

AndrewLL
08/24/2012, 05:35 PM
Adult male scribbled angelfish are quite often on collectors/wholesalers stocklists however retailers here in Australia ususally only get it smaller juveniles/females (up to about 4 inches).

The most in demand large angels are emporers, blue-face, majestic, etc. Not many people here actually now about scribbled or personifer angelfish and the fact they generally only come Australia. I am in the know and personally they are my favourite fish