PDA

View Full Version : corner flow

caarce
08/21/2012, 11:08 AM
I am have been looking at corner flow, but I cant seem to get a straight answer on what exactly it is. I know you need to add a sump or some kind of filtration but do you need both an overflow box and return pump or does the corner flow take on one or both of these jobs?

picarho
08/21/2012, 11:59 AM
you will need some sort of container (wet/dry or sump) under the display tank. The corner overflow will drain all of your water down to the sump, then you have to get a return pump to push it back up into your DT.

venomousreefer
08/21/2012, 01:22 PM
I have a 130 gallon corner flow and an under cabinet sump. The corner flows take the place of a overflow box. I have a tide pool II with a biowheel and 3 media trays that does a really good job. Also a protein skimmer and UV run out of this. Then a 1200 Gph pump that returns water to the tank. Trick to a corner flow is to make sure it is level so both sides drain equal.

caarce
08/21/2012, 05:32 PM
thank you, that was very helpful. We just got a sump (eshopps 100) and now we are trying to figure out what size return pump we need, any suggestions? The tank is going to be a 60g.

kfisc
08/21/2012, 05:46 PM
It depends on the distance the water has to flow between the tank and sump- the longer distance, the more powerful the pump. Eheim is my favorite, but Mag is a reliable and economic brand.