PDA

View Full Version : My sepia officinalis attempt.

cichlidconvert
08/23/2012, 03:57 PM
Ok I just received my eggs today and placed them in the first chamber of the breeder were they receive good oxygen and light flow. I have 3 dozen. Which is way more than I need. But who knows?
I live about 20 minutes from the sound and will be getting some mysis shrimp tonight or tomorrow, to seed the tank. Their nursery is a 20 gallon with a mature sand bed. The salinity was high when I checked 1.027. But I will lower it tonight and tomorrow. This will be my first attempt at these guys so I'm crossing my fingers:)

cichlidconvert
08/25/2012, 01:55 AM
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=f5WDCB54O6Q

AquaticEngineer
08/25/2012, 01:07 PM
Awesome :) Glad to see you over here, I'll race you to see who can hatch em first ;)

cichlidconvert
08/25/2012, 08:10 PM
Your on stu:) one problem though I haven't found any mysis shrimp but I keep picking up tiny snails in hopes that they will eat the snails.

cichlidconvert
08/27/2012, 01:15 AM
Good news I rushed downstairs to check on the eggs as soon as I got home and saw that one of the eggs was opened a bit and I cam see a translucent bit sticking out the hole. It's either hatching or a dud. More shall be revealed tomorrow I believe:)

Thales
08/27/2012, 07:06 AM
Your on stu:) one problem though I haven't found any mysis shrimp but I keep picking up tiny snails in hopes that they will eat the snails.

They will not eat snails - can you collect some amphipods?

cichlidconvert
08/28/2012, 03:53 PM
I can get pods from the sound but it will I will just need a ton I think. But I guess it's my best bet at this point.

cichlidconvert
09/03/2012, 03:20 PM
I'm getting nervous now. Several eggs have shed the black "skin". Duds I imagine :( but still a couple dozen left