PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean blue tang is stupid

Afrankiewicz12
08/23/2012, 07:20 PM
So my blue Caribbean tang is a snob and will not eat nori or the algae wafers like my old tang did he prefers macro algae and he is really good at keeping farms in different parts of the tank. Like one section is for the straw looking one and one section is for the flat kelp looking one and so on and so forth. But the parts that he does not manicure and just eats all of the algae sometime range into holes and caves in the rock ( I have the Marco dry rock so it's very porous) and he keeps scratching his head and body... He always pick the algae in a jerking motion to the left so you can clearly see the scrapes to the left. at first I thought it as ich but he is happy, healthy, fat, and the only tang in there and in top of that it was only on his left side an head where I can see him hit the rocks. Not to scratch but to eat. Also they're not dots but more like when you get a gentle scratch on your arm or something. I was wondering if he will out grow this... ( still a juvi) or if he will figure out that he is a fool... ill attach a pic of the rock and of the tang if I can get a good one
Tang is too fast but this is his fav and most prized algae farm :) its so funny watching him prune it daily

reeferstace
08/24/2012, 06:01 AM
Why would you call a fish a fool for doing what it naturally does?

Afrankiewicz12
08/24/2012, 10:23 AM
Well it keeps injuring its self and I don't want it to get an infection or get sick

MrTuskfish
08/24/2012, 01:42 PM
Sure sounds like a parasite, flukes in the gill, maybe.