PDA

View Full Version : Apex controlling Meanwell Drivers which is better

gunlocators
08/24/2012, 06:57 PM
For my Apex would you recommend the ELN-60-48D or ELN-60-48P which is a better option would I have to buy a special module to run either with a regular apex
This is for LED Lighting running on a full blown apex

dunk373
08/24/2012, 10:41 PM
pretty sure you need the D version apex dims with a 0-10v so thats the driver you will need It is the one I have and works awesome. My only one complaint is you can't manually operate the voltage. Say you want to see what 50% looks like you have to go in and change the profile, but thats minor and at least you know what 50% is maybe an update will give us this option in the future with led getting popular.

dunk373
08/24/2012, 10:43 PM
Oh sorry no special module needed you can use an ethernet cord to make the connection all you do is cut the end off and use two of the wires and tie it to the wires out of the driver its that simple the hard part is making the cable there are diy instructions in the apex guide here on RC. You can buy a cable too I did buy one but the place i ordered sent the wrong one I lost patience and went diy

09/05/2012, 07:30 PM
Dunk,
I just asked you about this on youtube Im still not getting it. Can you direct me the right direction

Mpfaff77
09/05/2012, 10:59 PM
pretty sure you need the D version apex dims with a 0-10v so thats the driver you will need It is the one I have and works awesome. My only one complaint is you can't manually operate the voltage. Say you want to see what 50% looks like you have to go in and change the profile, but thats minor and at least you know what 50% is maybe an update will give us this option in the future with led getting popular.

You can also set virtual outlets that can be tuned on easily to change percentage.

Ex. 50%_LED_B (virtual outlet)
set off

Led_B_50 (profile)
Ramp 0
Start 50
End 50

Blues (variable speed port)
If outlet 50%_LED_B = on then Led_50_B

Of course this on addition to existing programming and can make as many as you like 10%. 25%. 75% etc........

Only downfall is it is only temporarily on that percentage unless use if time statements in those new VO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Crazy4Tangs
09/06/2012, 05:05 PM
You don't need the D series drivers, but they are a far better option as the Apex does not handle the P signal well. I ran the P series for about 3 months but recently switched them to D series drivers and I am much happier with them.