PDA

View Full Version : Inherited a blue line grouper...

overflowin
08/26/2012, 05:02 PM
I'm in the process of getting back into the hobby, after not having a running system for a few years. I happened upon a used system for sale, at an irresistible price. I bought the tank, live rock and all that jazz, but i also got a 6" blue line grouper in the deal. i had originally planned to bring this fish to the LFS to trade in, but i think i'm going to keep him in a FOWLR system in addition to setting up a new reef.

i haven't been able to find much about this guy online, except your regular generic info. I do know he's extremely aggressive, he didn't tolerate the damsels i added, so i moved them to the rock tub for now.

does anyone have experience with this particular type of grouper? I have been feeding him a couple different types of frozen food, and he doesn't really go after it like i would expect, would larger meaty chunks be more appealing to him?

I'd like to add some room mates also, given his tendency to being cranky, i'm thinking i have to go with larger, active fish that won't take his attitude... anyone kept a fox face with one of these guys?

any insight on this fish would be appreciated...

azjohnny
08/27/2012, 08:08 AM
I have a Miniatus Grouper which has a similar temperament with a queen and undulated triggers. They get feed bay scallops and silversides. They produce a lot of waste, make sure you have a good skimmer

your grouper will grow to a size of 12-14"