PDA

View Full Version : 4-Bulb Configuration?

omegagriever85
08/29/2012, 10:05 PM
Hello,

Well I finally got my new bulbs and they certainly seem to make a difference. I have 2 AquaticLife fixtures over a 65 gal and recently swapped the stock bulbs for 2 ATI Blue+, 1 Purple+, and one KZ New generation. The colors are certainly popping out a lot more now but a part of me thinks the tank is almost too blue looking. I know a lot of people favor the blue look but it is maybe too much for me.

I currently have my lights oriented as follows.
Front
Blue+
KZ
Blue+
Purple+

Unfortunately because I have two separate modular units I can only operate slots 1/2 and 3/4 on the same switch. Trying to run a dusk to dawn effect has been minimally successful. Any suggestions on what I can do to improve the dusk to dawn and overall look of the tank?

I am thinking about grabbing a third fixture to allow some new color options but I'm not there yet. Any suggestions are helpful.

SneekaPeek
08/30/2012, 11:03 PM
try shifting the bulbs around.

kz
blue
purple
blue

to the eye it makes a big difference of spotlighting the viewing side to be more white. also I love the kz new gen myself.

Michigan Mike
08/31/2012, 01:05 AM
Swap the new gen for a ge6500
Here's a 4x24 ATI SUNPOWER.
BACK-
BLUE PLUS
GE6500
BLUE PLUS
KZ FIJI PURPLE
FRONT-
This may be what your looking for:
http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o535/Mike_Mcdougald/Snapbucket/57B46B0E.jpg
Not saying your fixture is this way, but some lower quality fixtures that use underpowered ballasts will have a much bluer color than other ballasts. I ordered two sets of the same bulbs for my sunpower and fishneedit fixture and it looks bluer with the FNI fixture.

Michigan Mike
08/31/2012, 01:15 AM
Btw using the ge6500 will make your greens pop more and will give you a look you should like if your looking for a little less blue. They have higher PAR and they are also a good amount cheaper than ATI bulbs.