PDA

View Full Version : What order to add these fish?

lespaul339
09/06/2012, 02:13 PM
I am going to be setting up my first saltwater tank in the next 3 weeks. It's a 56 gallon tall aquarium 36x15x24. Here is the list of fish I'm thinking about going with. What order would be best for adding these fish, and also I'm open to suggestions for some other fish that would be good for a 56 gallon tank.

Here is my list of fish.

2- Ocellaris Clownfish
1 -Green/Blue Chromis
1- Kaudern's Cardinalfish
1-shrimp goby
1-Lemonpeel Dwarf Angel

I think I could maybe get one or two smaller fish so I would be open to suggestions. I thought about also adding a Dwarf Coral Beauty with the Lemonpeel Angel. I also plan on adding a CUC first after my tank cycles consisting of some small hermits. Then maybe a couple of cleaner shrimp.

parrthed
09/06/2012, 02:33 PM
My suggestion:

Chromis
Goby
Cardinal
Clowns
Angel

You could get away with a sixline wrasse or small basslet/gramma as well

STiREX
09/06/2012, 03:35 PM
My suggestion:

Chromis
Goby
Cardinal
Clowns
Angel

You could get away with a sixline wrasse or small basslet/gramma as well

I agree. Clowns can be very territorial if added first. The angel will probably the most aggressive of the group.

Sk8r
09/06/2012, 07:36 PM
I do not recommend a lemonpeel. They're pretty, but very, very fragile, and difficult: frankly they really ought not to be sold except to experts, but that isn't the way an lfs works. My advice would be wait on an angel, as difficult to feed in a new tank---they're rock-grazers or coral-grazers, and if yellow is your thing, get a yellow watchman goby. Appropriate angels for that size are the flame or cherub or coral beauty, which graze rocks.