PDA

View Full Version : Something different! Vaca project = quarantine tank!

maddmaxx
09/06/2012, 04:46 PM
This is just a quick post wit a pic and a lil story behind it, feel free to comment or not! thanx for looking...

I live in Jersey and moving to PA within a couple months. and realized i should really set up a quarantine tank while out there since i was simply to lazy to set one up! hey, truth hurts some times lol...but i had every thing i needed to set this system up. like literally had it all in the shed, just had to piece it together and glue away, some left over paint from other projects and whaala! i will be setting up a 350g total volume system once i move. so i believe this step will be beneficial in the long run. wudnt want to wipe out a tank that big............ while on vaca i decided to get this done.

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq179/grubsnaek/0906121635.jpg

Its a 29g with 2x1" drains and a 3/4" return. specs are..
29g aquarium
10g sump
i glued 3mm crushed coral to the bottom glass to give it a substrate look
the return pump is a psk2500 actually, had id after upgrade to a BB3000
loc line on the return
ASM mini skimmer with 3 layer mesh mod
fuge will be only a DSB of 5". i know its not needed, but cudnt hurt
not really sure about chaeto and a light?
basic light fixture that came with the tank, but just ordered a 4 bulb T5 light for this tank from the bay. i know the light is way over kill for a quarantine tank, but i do plan on using it as a simple frag tank while no fish are in it..

This is my first ever white tank with a blue background, im always a black stand and canopy with black background....sooo what are your thoughts???